Hacking bricked wii with bootmii but no nand backup

nutta_nic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok were to start, ah the begining

i've been given a softmodded wii (cioscorpv2) to fix that has had the system menu deleted by wad manager (tw*t)
the good news is bootmii is installed as boot2, the bad news< NO NAND BACKUP!! (even bigger tw*t)
cios249 is installed.
when i try to boot any dols in bootmii it errors with "failed to boot selected file!" (even cbootv16 but i could be doing this wrong) this i with 2 different sd cards, a kingston 2gb and a lexar 4gb sdhc
oh, and the HBC blackscreens (because its not there because the SM is deleted i'm guessing)

is this fixable?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The HBC shouldn't have been deleted when the System Menu died. Anyway, find and get cboot2 (search around the forum for it) and use it to launch Wad Manager and install the System Menu with it.

For the record, the SD Card thing in BootMii isn't made to launch normal homebrew apps so don't expect them to work from there.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
search for an app called LoadMii and see if you can run that from BootMii. It's a homebrew loading app you can probably find on wiibrew.org. If it works, try starting loadmii from bootmii and use loadmii to start wad manager

nutta_nic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
CasperH said:
Does it has a modchip installed?

no hence the term softmodded
QUOTE(FenrirWolf @ Oct 16 2009, 11:08 PM) The HBC shouldn't have been deleted when the System Menu died. Anyway, find and get cboot2 (search around for it) and use it to launch Wad Manager and install the System Menu with it.

For the record, the SD Card thing in BootMii isn't made to launch normal homebrew apps so don't expect them to work from there.

i tried cboot2v16 and it failed, i'm tring cboot2 now, but its the ones off this forums download section, is this correct

nagnose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to use a NAND backup from another wii to restore if you have the keys.bin file for your wii?

nutta_nic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok cheers fenirwolf it worked (kinda) because the SM is gone the settings.txt is too so i have no wiimote support, can i change the startup.elf to a wadmanager 1.5 with GC pad support boot.dol or rename one to startup.dol?

fruitman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nagnose said:
is it possible to use a NAND backup from another wii to restore if you have the keys.bin file for your wii?

Interesting question to expand on, would a Bootmii backup restore preloader and boot2 from a Wii with said apps in place? Using a compiled Betwiin-1.0 and keys.bin/nand.bin.

nagnose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was thinking , if nutta_nic has bootmii, can he make a nand backup- obviously the nand.bin is shite, but could he use the keys.bin file that is generated with another wii's nand backup to fix everything

nutta_nic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i got a 1.5 wad manager with gc pad support and installed a HBC.wad i had so now i can boot the HBC from bootmii but i still only have no wiimote suport so when i boot a dol i cant do anything, grrrhhh

i tried installing a 3.2e AND a ios30 wad i had but still no SM,

any ideas boys?

i gotta sleep now so i'll check back tomorrow,

nutta_nic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok heres the update, i got his sd card and looked aT what he uninstalled and it was 2 3.2e system menu wads, even though he says he was on 4.0e, i reinstalled a 4.0e wad i got fom from nusd and a ios60bf i all ready had but still a black screen, what i can i try next,
i can still boot HBC from bootmii but have no wiimote support so i cant use too much, is there any way to get the wiimote working again?

by the way i've backed up the nand with no bad blocks so can i edit this then reinstall anything?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why did you install ios60?

Its used for system menu 4.1 not 4.0

Either find the right ios for system menu 4.0 or install the system menu wad for 4.1

If your using NUSD make sure you don't get the latest version of ios60 because its a stub version.

nutta_nic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
icpmattj said:
Why did you install ios60?

Its used for system menu 4.1 not 4.0

Either find the right ios for system menu 4.0 or install the system menu wad for 4.1

If your using NUSD make sure you don't get the latest version of ios60 because its a stub version.

sh*t my bad i'll try 4.1e wad, the ios60bf wasnt the latest was it?

EDIT
no that didnt work either

nutta_nic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i think its the SYSCONF/setting.txt that is missing for me, i've tried an app that claims to reinstall it but it errored for some reason

is there a firmware upgrader or downgrader with gc support?

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
nutta_nic said:
ok i think its the SYSCONF/setting.txt that is missing for me, i've tried an app that claims to reinstall it but it errored for some reason

you'll have to get your setting.txt installed, cause if you dont, updating downgrading whatever wont fix it, I remember something called GCFIX, but that might be what you already have
And yes uninstalling the system menu, removes your Settings.txt

edit: Heres everything you should need to fix it, but this may be what you already have
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?i2ziyj2v1ym

nutta_nic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
BlackAce83 said:
nutta_nic said:

you'll have to get your setting.txt installed, cause if you dont, updating downgrading whatever wont fix it, I remember something called GCFIX, but that might be what you already have
And yes uninstalling the system menu, removes your Settings.txt

edit: Heres everything you should need to fix it, but this may be what you already have
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?i2ziyj2v1ym

i used the gc_fix but it errored ret -106

it told the wii it was god, that oked then it said setting.txt not found backup to sd i say yes and it errors

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
I dont know of any other program that will restore your Setting.txt besides that one.

edit: have you tried different Sd Cards, Not sure if that would make a difference but it is a kindof Old Program
Also if you still can't get the program to work, you may need to patch some IOS's inorder to get it working I'm not sure , But i can say that I have used this program in the past and can say it works

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CN7KP713/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slickdeals09-20&ascsubtag=23d6e13e...