Hacking Bricked Wii - Priiloader won't load.

Daileon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Unfortunately GX is having some reports of bricks in the google code website that looks like yours:
http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/iss...ail?id=1658#c82

Sorry, but there isn't much hope, as far as I know
frown.gif

RyuKisargi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had never used USB Loader before, I only wanted to use it to see if Other M was worth the hype.

It is, and when I get my next Wii, I'm buying the fucker.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
The same thing happened to me a while nack. Only for me it happened after turning of the Wii while in the USB Loader GX menu (no game started). When turning it on again it didn't start. I thought it was a hardware problem but more and more peopkle report this so I am starting to get in doubt...

Here is the thread about my brick: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=239406

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
You could try the SaveMiiFrii method and run smashstack (assuming you're using a US console and have SSBB), and try some sort of recovery... Perhaps the HackMii installer to get BootMii back (if it was ruined).

From there, using SmashStack, you should be able to install your sysmenu WAD using WadManager.

I haven't done much in the Wii Hacking scene since the LU64 fiasco, so this may or may not help... I hope it does though!!!

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
call nintendo frantically and tell them you selected to system update and now the wii doesn't turn on. they will probably fix it. based on the usbloadergx issues, it may have formatted your nand and if it did thats actually good if nintendo will fix it for free.

rtanderson2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey- did you ever figure anything out with this?

I've got the same problem. I was having freezing issues with USB Loader GX on some newer games so I updated a couple of the IOSes as you did... now Priiloader won't load, and the Wii won't boot. I was able to get the wii to boot if I put a startup script on the root of the SD card and eject the card before the script can fully run... Then I can do whatever I need/want to do (loads the system menu no problem). Once I'm in the system menu, i can launch the homebrew channel, disc channel, whatever... if the wii tries to reboot at any point (like if try to load priiloader from a forwarder channel or initiate a reboot from the homebrew channel), it just goes to the black screen (or if it tries to reload the system menu; like when you exit a game or the homebrew channel). The only way to get it to come back on is to hard power off, then power back on and eject the sd card after it finds the startup script...

Any and ALL help would be awesome... I didn't make a NAND backup (chew me out for that later), but I know that BootMii is installed as boot2...

Thanks!

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
rtanderson2 said:
Hey- did you ever figure anything out with this?

I've got the same problem. I was having freezing issues with USB Loader GX on some newer games so I updated a couple of the IOSes as you did... now Priiloader won't load, and the Wii won't boot. I was able to get the wii to boot if I put a startup script on the root of the SD card and eject the card before the script can fully run... Then I can do whatever I need/want to do (loads the system menu no problem). Once I'm in the system menu, i can launch the homebrew channel, disc channel, whatever... if the wii tries to reboot at any point (like if try to load priiloader from a forwarder channel or initiate a reboot from the homebrew channel), it just goes to the black screen (or if it tries to reload the system menu; like when you exit a game or the homebrew channel). The only way to get it to come back on is to hard power off, then power back on and eject the sd card after it finds the startup script...

Any and ALL help would be awesome... I didn't make a NAND backup (chew me out for that later), but I know that BootMii is installed as boot2...

Thanks!

Reinstall your system menu and the IOS it is using with either Dop-mii, WAD Manager og a similar tool. Just be sure to install the correct region. For 4.0 and 4.1 install IOS60. For 4.2 install IOS70. For 4.3 install IOS80.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
petspeed said:
Daileon said:
Unfortunately GX is having some reports of bricks in the google code website that looks like yours:
http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/iss...ail?id=1658#c82

Sorry, but there isn't much hope, as far as I know
frown.gif

They deleted the issue from their site. WTF ?!

I noticed that too.

=(

Do you guys have modchip? Perhaps a chance to run a recovery boot disc?

If you ever need the bootmii files(if you ONLY have bootmii as boot2), i´ll paste it for you. (Put bootmii folder in root of SD). You´ll need keys.bin & nand.bin you dumped from your wii also. (Located at SD root also)

http://www.mediafire.com/?8535y3069733r9k

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop trying to make on my cakes