Hacking Bricked Wii. Please help!

BrianGonzalez

OP
Trophies
XP
All,

I believe I know Im basically screwed, but in an effort to update my Wii using the "DOP-Mii WiiBrew Edition" HB app, I bricked my Wii. I couldn't even tell you which IOS I updated before it bricked. I knew I was avoiding the 249 IOS, because that is one that I hacked to play games. I tried to use the built-in recovery mode using a GC controller, but I couldn't get the Firmware to display on the bottom right of the screen.

I also posted a Youtube vid, any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.
http://youtu.be/xhH7mUIZWDo

-Brian G

MHDEN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see a gamecube controller ... and a hope ...
Ofcourse you would be unable to press all 4 cross buttons unoppened .
You must open the GC controller to be able to press all 4 directions at once .Also to open a GC controller you need a Triwing Screwdriver .
I am not trolling . The GC controller has its cross made that way so no more than 2 directions can be pressed at once .(some fake GC controllers are not made that way .. and work for some reason)
That been said .. i will destroy your hopes by saying that you have probably got a full brick .. and i assume you are on 4.3 ...
And have a new WII ... so ...
a) if you dont have a new wii .. you will only need a chip to play backups from DVD .. any chip will do ... so you will open up your wii .. install the chip and wala .. you have HOPE ...
(there are more steps .. but they are free ... and you need to pay nothing after this )
b) if you do have a new wii ... you will have a new drive aswell .. meaning .. you cant install a chip ... or at least thats how it was back when i was giving a serius fuck about the wii .
so you will need to change your wii drive + a)

Anyway ...
You should try first of all to open your GC controller ... you can try using a Philips head ... you will probably fuck up the screws ... but ... YOLO !
(i dont beave i seriusly used that frase)
And try to press all 4 directions at the same time .
Like this videos shows .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPIzoqVizoQ
If you can get at least to the recovery menu you have a chance .

Hope for the best .

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
FIRST OFF. DO NOT POWER ON YOUR WII ANYMORE AT ALL!!!! This can be the difference of if it can be saved or not. JUST DONT DO IT EVER AGAIN!!!! I MEAN IT!!!

OK. I finally took the time to watch the video. Yeah, your wii seems to be screwed. Do you have any idea of exactly what you did, what IOS you installed?

Did you try holding down the reset button while booting it? AGAIN, DON'T TRY IT NOW. just tell me if you tried it before.

Whats your wii's serial number? Do you have a NAND backup?

FYI, if you have powered up your wii more than a couple of times then the method of repair that I have in mind wont work. So tell me honestly, how many times have you powered up your wii since it bricked?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning