Bricked wii. HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by raziel86, Nov 7, 2015.

1. raziel86
    OP

raziel86 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2015
    United States
    So I have a soft modded wii. We had an ac adapter that wasn't Nintendo branded and it died. I bought a Nintendo branded ac adapter and now the wii turns on again but it goes to the black screen so I assume it's bricked. I can get to the priiloader but my wiimotes won't sync. I can navigate with the gamecube controller and I can launch homebrew but i can't navigate with the gamecube controller in homebrew.

I tried putting hacks_hash.ini file on the sd card to see if maybe the black screen option was enabled for some reason and it says "can't find fat:/apps/priiloader/hacks_hash.ini". I put the file in that location but it still can't find it for some reason.

I don't know what else to do. Please help.

2. KurtBliss

KurtBliss Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2015
    United States
    Have a backup up of your nand that you can recover with bootmii?

Probably in the root of your sdcard

Last edited by KurtBliss, Nov 7, 2015
  3. raziel86
    OP

raziel86 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2015
    United States
    I was a noob when I modded it and didn't have bootmii installed. Is there anyway to use a nand backup from a different wii?

4. KurtBliss

KurtBliss Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2015
    United States
    I think you should be able to fix this...

First get modmii for windows here
    Install it then go through like your going to hack your Wii and when you get to the part where its ready for you to put you sdcard in your wii, put the sdcard in your wii and Go into priiloader and pick Load/Install File, then pick multi-mod manager and install all the wads with wad manager.

Hope this helps.

5. raziel86
    OP

raziel86 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2015
    United States
    I have wad manager installed but like I said the wiimote won't sync and I don't think the game cube controller will work in wad manager

6. KurtBliss

KurtBliss Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2015
    United States
    I'm pretty sure I used it with the dpad and the A button.

Edit:
    Yeah go to pre loader,
    load/install file,
    then press y on the multi-mod manager to load it.

At least for version 13.4 for Multi-Mod manager lets you use a gamecube controller is what I just tested... With Priiloader 0.7 to launch it.

Last edited by KurtBliss, Nov 8, 2015
  7. mlinares

mlinares Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2015
    Venezuela
    Your phone, iOS sucks XD
    I don't think it's a brick. because your wii worked well before, your wii clearly has symptoms of a damaged Bluetooth Card, probably, mainly because you can't sync Wiimotes.
    When the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth cards are damaged, the wii acts like it has a black brick when it isn't. The only way to fix it is replacing the damaged card by a new one.
    When you replace the card your wii should work again.
    The most likely cause was a power surge on the Wii Motherboard, because the AC adpater, you could lost your Wii.

8. raziel86
    OP

raziel86 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2015
    United States
    Ok that makes sense. I did take the wii apart. Maybe I didn't reconnect the bluetooth/wifi module. Maybe I'll take it apart and see if that's the problem.

mlinares likes this.
  9. mlinares

mlinares Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2015
    Venezuela
    Your phone, iOS sucks XD
    OK, tell me if it worked;)

10. raziel86
    OP

raziel86 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2015
    United States
    Do you know of a way to test the module if I take it out of the wii?

mlinares likes this.
  11. mlinares

mlinares Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2015
    Venezuela
    Your phone, iOS sucks XD
    I really don't know a way to test the module outside Wii.
    Reinstall the module correctly, and test if your wii turns on and you can sync wiimotes.
    according Wiibrew, the Wii has separated modules for BT and Wi-FI, reinstall both to test. if any of the two won't works you will have black screen at boot.
    Your problem is more relacionated with BT module, because the sync problem.
    If you can launch HBC with GC controller and you have a Wi-Fi network registered in the wii settings, launch HBC and test if it connects to your Wi-Fi

12. raziel86
    OP

raziel86 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2015
    United States
    I can launch homebrew but the wii doesn't have my wifi password saved. Once it gets to homebrew I can't do anything without a wiimote.

13. mlinares

mlinares Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2015
    Venezuela
    Your phone, iOS sucks XD
    So try reinstalling BT module, after that try to turn on your wii

14. mlinares

mlinares Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2015
    Venezuela
    Your phone, iOS sucks XD
    WiFi module has less fault rate than BT if it doesn't work you may need to replace it

15. FaTaL_ErRoR

FaTaL_ErRoR AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ

Mar 9, 2014
    United States
    Could just be the sensor bar. Had a cat once that like to knock that down all the time eventually it quit working....It looked fine but never worked..Just picked another one up on amazon for like 3 bucks and all was good....(got rid of the damn cat too...I hate cats)

16. mlinares

mlinares Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2015
    Venezuela
    Your phone, iOS sucks XD
    Wiimotes can still sync with Wii without sensor bar, the sensor bar is only for pointing.

17. FaTaL_ErRoR

FaTaL_ErRoR AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ

Mar 9, 2014
    United States
    Yeah sorry misread. Now after reading again if memory serves me correctly Priiloader is done off of power and reset button on the console itself to navigate. It's been a long time so don't quote me on that. Reset navigates downward and power selects it. Or eject and power....Something like that.
    Maybe I am confusing something. But it appears the op is not alone in this no sync issue. Did the op try this?
    All you have to do is hold the reset button and wait
    till
    it gets to the Priiloader screen. Wait 15 seconds and hit reset again and then
    it'll
    boot to the sysmenu.
    https://github.com/dacotaco/priiloader/issues/21#c23 <----source for which that came from.
    Yep quick google search and I am talking about navigating through bootmii....lol Just try the 15 second thing.
    Honestly you probably have an issue with your file structuring in your sd card. Probably nothing more than that. Did you remove your sd card to see if you were able to boot to the wii menu?? Then try syncing your controller?

Last edited by FaTaL_ErRoR, Nov 9, 2015
  18. Ruby Gloom

Ruby Gloom GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 25, 2015
    Dalvík, Iceland
    Umm... This is a processor issue. Not a NAND issue. Last time I checked, the AC adapter doesn't install to the NAND. So, the adapter you had damaged your processor. Only use Nintendo made accessories. As for your issue; I can only assume you need to replace the entire console.

19. mlinares

mlinares Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2015
    Venezuela
    Your phone, iOS sucks XD
    If processor is damaged why he can launch HBC and priiloader normally:blink:. i really think it's a wifi/bt problem, when one of that card are damaged the wii simulates a black brick, this also explain why he can't sync wiimotes with console.

20. raziel86
    OP

raziel86 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2015
    United States
    Yeah I think mlinares is correct. The wii was fine before the ac adapter went out. I can boot the wii to priiloader so it's definitely not processor. I have a bluetooth module coming in the mail. I will let you know in a few days if it works. I have my fingers crossed.

mlinares likes this.