Hacking Bricked PSP

TheRedfox

blep
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a original PSP-2001, with a fully pandora compitable motherboard.
I made a pandora MMS on a 4GB memory stick pro duo with psp grader on win7, and i cutted the leg of the batterys controller chip.
If i insert the battery it turns on, and i'm holding the L key while inserting battery.
Only problem i get is that the backlight turns on but screen keeps being black, the MS indicator flashes very short and then it does nothing else than showing a black screen.
Also tried a old 64MB memory stick but then it doesn't even turn on the backlight of the screen, neither a flashing MS indicator.
Both memory sticks are compitable with psp and shows up as a magicgate one(it is a magicgate offical memory stick).

If i boot up with normal battery and without MS it just turns on and backlight keeps off, no indicators flashing and it turns off after a minute.
Before it stopped working i tried to uninstall cfw by removing it from cfw installer, then i rebooted the psp and sience then it's doing nothing :(

Can somebody help me?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If you had a permanent patch/hack installed you should have removed that before rebooting too, since it's now trying to run a hack on startup that doesn't exist.

When making the MMS, format the stick first and make sure the trigger is set to L, it can be set to something different in the program (and try something else too, in case).

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're using a Pandora to power it up it doesn't matter what you've done wrt CFW in the past...the Pandora tells it to load from the inserted MS so which firmware hacks you've put in place get completely ignored.

Don't use grader....use an MG supported stick and Rains Ultralite Magic Memory Stick maker. The Pandora you have is doing exactly what it's supposed to - powering up and just displaying nothing with the backlight on - it's looking for boot instructions from the MS but not getting any so it's the MS that's bad.

TheRedfox

blep
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you're using a Pandora to power it up it doesn't matter what you've done wrt CFW in the past...the Pandora tells it to load from the inserted MS so which firmware hacks you've put in place get completely ignored.

Don't use grader....use an MG supported stick and Rains Ultralite Magic Memory Stick maker. The Pandora you have is doing exactly what it's supposed to - powering up and just displaying nothing with the backlight on - it's looking for boot instructions from the MS but not getting any so it's the MS that's bad.
Thanks, will buy a simple sandisk MG memory stick then :P

TheRedfox

blep
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks, will buy a simple sandisk MG memory stick then :P

If you're happy using old school Despertar Del Cementerio v8 then your current (tiny) MG stick should be fine.

How did you brick it?
Uninstalling old cfw and then reboot
So this is exactly right:

If you had a permanent patch/hack installed you should have removed that before rebooting too, since it's now trying to run a hack on startup that doesn't exist.

When making the MMS, format the stick first and make sure the trigger is set to L, it can be set to something different in the program (and try something else too, in case).

I stole the ms from my mothers photo camera, now trying with that one :P

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country

No it's not. You could have rewritten your flash0 with Romeo and Juliet typed out in Cockney rhyming slang but when a Pandora is inserted the PSP wouldn't know that you'd developed a fondness for the bard. It doesn't matter what you've done prior to the brick, what CFW you were on etc....the sole point of the Service Battery (Pandora) is to ignore the PSP's nand and run from MS.

Just fire up DCv8 or Rain's Ultralite tool and go for broke...

Reactions: 1 person

TheRedfox

blep
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

No it's not. You could have rewritten your flash0 with Romeo and Juliet typed out in Cockney rhyming slang but when a Pandora is inserted the PSP wouldn't know that you'd developed a fondness for the bard. It doesn't matter what you've done prior to the brick, what CFW you were on etc....the sole point of the Service Battery (Pandora) is to ignore the PSP's nand and run from MS.

Just fire up DCv8 or Rain's Ultralite tool and go for broke...
mkay, me starts creating one

TheRedfox

blep
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
lol, i got fustrated and inserted my original ms while psp was turned on in pandoramode.
And now i got a menu, i chose for install ofw and it works again!
Thx for help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: