Hacking bricked, have nand update file, no priiloader

veeronic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using a black wii with no gc support, I performed a NAND backup but somehow missed the part about needing priiloader. I successfully installed ios 36 and 236 but while attempting to install d2x cios the system froze, the controller became unresponsive and I was forced to turn the system off. Since then it has become locked in the health and safety warning page without a command prompt and will not respond to any commands associated with the maintenance mode, leaving it unplugged over night also had no affect.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Since you have no GC ports you have three options - soldering on GC ports to use SaveMii, using an Infectus chip to flash the system manually or trying to autoboot something. I suggest contacting DeadlyFoez for advice, he's an expert unbricker.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
So let me get this straight, you see the health and safety page but it does not say "Press A to continue"?

Since you have no GC ports you have three options - soldering on GC ports to use SaveMii, using an Infectus chip to flash the system manually or trying to autoboot something. I suggest contacting DeadlyFoez for advice, he's an expert unbricker.

Just because he has a black Wii does not mean he has no GC ports-- IIRC there were some early black Wiis that retained the Gamecube accessory ports. Seeming as his system menu seems to be intact SaveMii could help him.

veeronic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

does he have a thread specific for advice?

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
I've tried holding, clicking, and not just with the A button... the weird part is the wiimote can still turn it off.

Really? So that rules out the bluetooth module. I'd wait for what DeadlyFoez has to say since this seems like a very unique situation. I've never seen a brick quite like this before.

veeronic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? So that rules out the bluetooth module. I'd wait for what DeadlyFoez has to say since this seems like a very unique situation. I've never seen a brick quite like this before.

found one of his threads but the notice said not to PM or ask in that thread, whats the best way to reach him? (I use forums very very very rarely)

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I kinda remember a similar issue with a wii that I had before, and I think it was a system menu mismatch. Who really knows what could be screwed up at this point and I doubt that you will get it fixed on your own unless you are great with soldering and you have to tools to do it yourself.

I could fix it for you. Let me know if you are interested in my service.

veeronic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda remember a similar issue with a wii that I had before, and I think it was a system menu mismatch. Who really knows what could be screwed up at this point and I doubt that you will get it fixed on your own unless you are great with soldering and you have to tools to do it yourself.

I'll probably have to do that yeah... but give me a while to get back to you, it's actually just a spare which was meant to be a gift for a friend, when I have cash to spare I'll let you know...
though out of curiosity could you install priiloader?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Once the firmware is back up, you can install anything you want. :P One thing to consider though is the cost. Wii's are dirt cheap, shipping and Deadly's comission might surpass the price of another unit, so you might want to keep it for spare ports. Who knows, maybe it'll turn out to be cheap, but keep the possibility in mind. ;)

veeronic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once the firmware is back up, you can install anything you want. :P One thing to consider though is the cost. Wii's are dirt cheap, shipping and Deadly's comission might surpass the price of another unit, so you might want to keep it for spare ports. Who knows, maybe it'll turn out to be cheap, but keep the possibility in mind. ;)

well I've heard priiloader comes with a bricking risk by itself, if possible I'd rather have someone who could fix it install it so I don't send myself back to this situation.

veeronic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I read that you charge 30$ is that a flat rate or just an estimate?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...