Bricked (?) DS Phat, need help!

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Ubertraka, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Ubertraka
    OP

Ubertraka Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2007
    United States
    Hi all, this is my first post here (member since 2007.... long time lurker....). I hope someone can help me!

I recently found my flashed DS Phat (:yay:) from a few years ago. It has been working great for my 3yr old son for a week, but today I (stupidly) removed the battery in an attempt to reset it to factory settings. Now it boots up, shows the Nintendo DS logo on the top, the logo disappears, and I'm left with two white screens.

I've tried putting ds and gba cards in the slots, thinking it would auto-start, but no luck.

Is there a way to fix this? I have a r4i card. I would like to flashme the ds again, but I've no idea what i'm doing.

Thanks!

2. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    did you have the flashme installed with the recovery code? i don't recall if all versions had it.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/r4decrypt.51194/#post-653652 <-- might be worth a read.

-another world

3. Ubertraka
    OP

Ubertraka Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2007
    United States
    I do have flashme installed, but it was done a long time ago and I'm not sure if it supports slot 1 recovery.
    Since I have a r4i gold I tried encrypting the flashme.nds to _DS_MENU.DAT, so that it would boot straight to flashme, but no luck. This makes me think I definitely don't have a version of flashme isntalled that supports slot 1 recovery.

So, what options do I have? Get a slot 2 flash device?

4. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    It actually may be cheaper to get another DS Phat.

5. Ubertraka
    OP

Ubertraka Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2007
    United States

That's what I'm starting to think... can't seem to find a good shop to buy from.

6. assassinz

assassinz Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!

Mar 17, 2003
    United States
    The Internet
    Send your DS phat to me and I can reflash it for you (if it's not bricked). PM me.