Hacking bricked 3ds, help pleas really need help pleas pleas pleas

Manuel9181

GBAtemp Prosecutor
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do you have lauched bigbluemenu (bbm) while you are on gateway's sysnand and from there you have start to install the cias of a firmware?

Abel borbor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i cant even see any thing on my screen its just black. its not dead because the blue light comes on but the screen is just black

Blue Lamb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a waste of everyones time when they look at a thread and see that you haven't specified about any information.
And then even more when we have to tell you that you need to specify this information.

You need to post system firmware, what version of the 3ds you have, and other important information like that.

I personally would link to which tutorial you tried using and where it failed.
Also, what you might have done different than the tutorial if anything at all (if you used different files or versions).

Blue Lamb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason you want to only update to 9.5? Gateway supports emuNAND 10.6 with their latest GW Firmware 3.7.1.

Have you tried removing the SD card and GW red card from your system and booting it?

Manuel9181

GBAtemp Prosecutor
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dear God...
1) Gateway DOESN'T support any sysNand above to the 9.2.
2) The guide its EXTREMELY OLD
3) I'm pretty sure that you have launched the update while you was on sysNand.

Try to boot your 3ds into recovery mode.
The recovery mode (also known as Safe Mode Boot) can be accessed when turning on the Nintendo 3DS while holding A+R+L+Up(DPad).

Abel borbor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a reason you want to only update to 9.5? Gateway supports emuNAND 10.6 with their latest GW Firmware 3.7.1.

Have you tried removing the SD card and GW red card from your system and booting it?
because i wanted to play super smash bros off my gateway but it keeped giving me a black scree. but the only update available was 10.6 and gateway wont work on 10.6 so i looked up so shit and now im fucked in the ass

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Dear God...
1) Gateway DOESN'T support any sysNand above to the 9.2.
2) The guide its EXTREMELY OLD
3) I'm pretty sure that you have launched the update while you was on sysNand.

Try to boot your 3ds into recovery mode.
The recovery mode (also known as Safe Mode Boot) can be accessed when turning on the Nintendo 3DS while holding A+R+L+Up(DPad).
its not loading anything do i have to hold the power button for the hole time?

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why the fuck would you update your sysnand to 9.5? GW doesn't even work past sysnand 9.2? The guide is to update emunand to 9.5.

Manuel9181

GBAtemp Prosecutor
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
because i wanted to play super smash bros off my gateway but it keeped giving me a black scree. but the only update available was 10.6 and gateway wont work on 10.6 so i looked up so shit and now im fucked in the ass

its not loading anything do i have to hold the power button for the hole time?
No. Do you have a back up of your sysNand on your computer? Should be called like "Nand.bin"

Abel borbor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why the fuck would you update your sysnand to 9.5? GW doesn't even work past sysnand 9.2? The guide is to update emunand to 9.5.
idk dude i was really fucking high and my fried was talking about it so i was like "yo i wanna try this shit out " and i did after way too meany hits from the bong

No. Do you have a back up of your sysNand on your computer? Should be called like "Nand.bin"
i think

yup i found it the Nand.bin

Reactions: Blue Lamb

Manuel9181

GBAtemp Prosecutor
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
idk dude i was really fucking high and my fried was talking about it so i was like "yo i wanna try this shit out " and i did after way too meany hits from the bong

i think
Yes or No. If yes you can hardmod your 3ds and recover it flashing the nand backup.
If No: good job, hardbricked. Try to smoke it, maybe it has a good taste.

Reactions: Blue Lamb

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LOL, that tutorial that you followed is almost a year old; meaning you followed an extremely outdated post. Even worse, you didn't follow it correctly and still fucked up.

All you had to do was go to gateway's website, download their updated 3.71 launcher.dat file and replaced it on your sd card. After that, boot into emunand via ds profile exploit and update emunand to 10.6 via system setting update. Only 2 steps...

Last edited by cooroxd,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-