Homebrew RELEASE Brew.js - Make homebrew apps with JavaScript!

Jarrot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, someone with absolutely 0 experience with homebrew and such, could this javascript app allow minecraft to run mods? Or would I need my own homebrew version of MC? Pardon if it's a dumb question.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, someone with absolutely 0 experience with homebrew and such, could this javascript app allow minecraft to run mods? Or would I need my own homebrew version of MC? Pardon if it's a dumb question.
Minecraft on Switch doesn’t use java.

Java and Javascript are 2 completely different things

Dh4rry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I plan to implement/port something like UltraStar (opensource singstar/sing it clone) to the switch. I'm not that skilled in C / C++, so I prefer JS. There is a JavaScript implementation of UltraStar named OpenStar which could spend some funtions for a JS based port to swicht. Do you have plans to add support for microphones/Audi Input to your framework/runtime?
Thank you for your work.

Tempylon

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Brew.js - C++ high-level JavaScript API for Nintendo homebrew
(Still under development) 2.0 version - everything (is going to be) remade!

Doxygen.Logo.png

Brew.js is a C++ API for evaluating plain JavaScript (not Node.js or PegaSwitch) within C++, for various Nintendo platforms.

- Currently supported platforms: Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch
  • Current content
- Brew.js API: C++ libraries to execute JavaScript within any C++ application or program (stable, some not working stuff, modules are WIP)
- Brew.js interpreter: a GUI front-end for executing JavaScript. (still undeveloped)
- Brew.js link: a PC client and Homebrew server to interpretate JavaScript code, like in Node.js CLI. (only Switch, and still very WIP)

Each platform has different exclusive modules(for instance ctr/sf2d for 3DS, ntr for DS, nx/pegaswitch for Switch...)

The current state of the project is unreleased. Latest release is 1.0, although it was released like 3 months ago.
2.0 is only early commits, and so much stuff needs to be done. Check the projects section on GitHub for more information.

As soon as the development gets closer to a release, more information will be added here.
As you can see, there are also graphical improvements, as the logo has changed (thanks to @EmperorX for the awesome new logo design)
Thanks for the current support, guys! The best is still coming soonTM!

GitHub project: https://github.com/XorTroll/Brew.js
Webpage (API documentation): https://xortroll.github.io/Brew.js

Enjoy scripting!

Copyright © 2018, by XorTroll
Is the version for the nds still up?

Last edited by Tempylon,
Reactions: 3DScool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I didn't know they made an MSU cart for the Genesis.... I knew about the SNES one and the...