OnkelLes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hy Guys!

So, I got another problem on hacking something. ATM I play the game Breath of Fire on my M3DS Real with the GBA Extension. I downloaded a cht file with some cheats in it. But they don't work. So i tried to make a savegame run on an GBAemu, but it didn't work. I also tried to convert the savegame to a savegame witch runs on the NO$GBA. But it also didn't work. So what else is left to do? Try to hack the save all by myself. But it also didn't work, because it seems like i am an completly idiot.
smile.gif
So i hope u guys can help me:

1. Is it possible to create or edit the cht file? I tryed with notepad, but the codes make no sense. They are no AR or Gameshark codes. So witch codes work?

2. Is there a programm witch can convert M3DS Real GBA savefiles to VisualBoyAdvanced savefiles?

3. And finally, why can't I hack savegames? I tried it, but it won't work. So let me tell u how i tried:
smile.gif

I made 3 savegames, and wrote down the things I want to hack. Like exp and money. Then I opend the first savegame with a Hexeditor and looked for the value. It was 78094. I converted into Hex witch is 1310E. And because I read about something like "little Endian" I tried also to look for 0E 31 1, but I don't know if its right. When i found something i wrote down the offset. And opend the second savegame. There I did the same with the other value, witch is 78332. But the offsets wheren't the same.
frown.gif

So how does it work? Is there anything wrong? Are there some mistakes? Please help me.
smile.gif

Greetings

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
no4gba saves can be a bit odd: http://www.romhacking.net/utils/416/

1. I am not sure of the cht files used in this case but they are usually something like this:
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/wiki/index.php?title=Cht

2. I have some files for someone else to see what I can do but I know of none, have you tried import battery file on vba as well (I have not got it to hand but it was under the leftmost pulldown menu).

3. Savegames are usually hashed, if you edit it you most likely will break the hash and the game will then not run it. You can either find the hash or you can make a cheat to make the game not care (after hashing it is normally a simple compare of one form or another that is used).
It may help to have a look at some of the guides in the rom hacking documentation thread in my signature. Have a look for something called gabsharky as well (Steven's cheating guide has it and I have posted about it on several occasions).

OnkelLes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, little update:

It worked with import battery file. Then i can edit the game with GameWiz an make me to level 99 for example. But when i try to put it back on my M3 SD Card and load it the level hasn't changed. And thats very strange? Why? I can't find any mistakes.

And thanks for your help.
smile.gif

OnkelLes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Finally it works. I don't know why, but it works. Maybe because i put the rom + the savegame back on my SD Card. But it works and i'm happy.
smile.gif

Now i got another problem. I am looking for an emulator for DS. I found ideas and it works really good i think. But i can't import my savegames from the M3. There is an option witch say's something like import M3 save. But when i do this it don't works. Can somebody help me?

Greetings

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021