brawl textures

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by joker92092, Dec 7, 2009.

Dec 7, 2009

brawl textures by joker92092 at 8:58 PM (1,612 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. joker92092
    OP

Newcomer joker92092 Member

United States
    i have the ssbb iso that i ripped from the original copy and i just started texture hacking. i replaced the correct files and the game just freezes whenever i select a character or level with a custom texture. can someone tell me what im doing wrong . im not using the sd loader or any cheats . im just booting the iso i made off of the usbloader
    also im using wiiscrubber 1.2 and wii flow 1.1 usb loader

2. Ghork

Member Ghork GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    there can be many different things that result in this, did you make a texture yourself or did you download someone's texture? also what character's texture have been replaced?

3. joker92092
    OP

United States
    i replaced the correct files . i used ones that i know work . ones from smashboards.com and other sites . also what is .pcs

4. Ghork

Sweden
    but what characters did you add texture hack for? all?
    the ".pcs" files are the textures, some characters also need the ".pac" file skeik/zelda, pokemon trainer and some others I think.
    are you using ocarina or something similar to add the textures from sd or have you replaced the files on the disc?

5. joker92092
    OP

United States
    i replaced 3 textures for sonic and 1 for link. i only replaced textures that i found pac and psc files for . i also replaced the texture for the 1-1 mario level and the training room level i replaced with the temple of time custom level. im doing this through the iso not from an sd patch . i edited the iso myself . these freezing problems didnt happen when i did it through the sd though but i cant use that method anymore since it killed my sd card and its not compatible with my current sdhc card

6. Ghork

Sweden
    oh ok, then sry, I don't think I can help you since I load through sd