Hacking Brawl on PAL Wiikey - what steps to take?

Fat D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,
I have a German PAL Wii (3.1, thinking about updating to 3.2) with a Wiikey (1.9g) chip installed. I want to play the NTSC-U version of Brawl on it. What patches do I need to apply to maximize my game experience?

I know that the channel update removal with Trucha Signer is necessary. But there are also further measures that have been introduced recently, such as video mode reconfigurations, Error 001 removal and country language detection. Which of these should I apply on my configuration, and is Regionfrii-ing on the disk instead of relying on the chip helpful?

Fat D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
D4z said:
I have read this thread, I just want to know what else is useful. That link is of little to no value to me.

Richi, very funny, I've probably read more around here than you.

From what I have seen in various threads slowly becoming eternally long, any patching other than update removal is not necessary on the 'key, but I'd prefer to make sure before wasting those precious disks or reducing my Brawl experience.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
The funny thing is I did the 15% trick on the jap version and eventually played a brickblocked version of that game.

But now I did the Trucha trick where I swapped the .inf file with the one provided on this very forum. So tonight I wanted to test it and was expecting an update (the one where you fool the Wii in thinking it's a real update) but no such thing
blink.gif
I started the game and it worked immediately.

SO, in short this will mean if you have done the 15% trick on the Jap version and swapped the .inf file on this one it will play like a breeze without the hassle of a (fake) update.

Fat D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
berlinka said:
The funny thing is I did the 15% trick on the jap version and eventually played a brickblocked version of that game.

But now I did the Trucha trick where I swapped the .inf file with the one provided on this very forum. So tonight I wanted to test it and was expecting an update (the one where you fool the Wii in thinking it's a real update) but no such thing
blink.gif
I started the game and it worked immediately.

SO, in short this will mean if you have done the 15% trick on the Jap version and swapped the .inf file on this one it will play like a breeze without the hassle of a (fake) update.

That's because the part that is different between regions has been removed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Found what this thread. Sorry for not finding it, but I have avoided this section thinking it was about nontechnical game chat. Those patches seem to be optional, but advantageous. M I RITE?

Pici

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok I have serious issues :

I have a wiikey. i used trucha signer and generic wii patcher to remove the 001 error.
then i burnt the disc of course.
Then when i run the game I have a white screen, i tried 50hz, 60hz and the "rd one (480p/480I I can't recall). Same result.
then I used by wiikey config disc to try to change speed 6x to 3x.
but there was an error message. then I tried anyway to run the game, but the wii didn't even recognize it.
but the worst thing is that the wii won't run the config disc again.
I really don't know what to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: