Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
For USB Loader users: Use CFG Loader. Even the official Brawl Minus team says it is the only working loader. I say it too.
Anyway, put the codes on either your SD or USB, wherever it looks for codes (probably in the loader's base folder, like X:\usb-loader\codes\); put the "private" folder on your SD, non-negotiable.

For Disc users: do the same as above, except every file must be on the SD, excluding GeckoOS.

For Dolphin users: if you have a Wii, use the Disc setup method, then use the Homebrew Browser to grab the SD Dumper. You must have at least 50% of your SD free to do this!
When the dumper makes the .RAW, go into Dolphin/User/Wii and move it there as SD.RAW.
Then get the GeckoOS DOL/ELF and launch it from Dolphin. Set the default ISO to Brawl or change the virtual DVD to Brawl, and there you go!

Alternatively, if your SD does not have 50% free or if you do not have a Wii, plug your SD into a PC some way, then use WinImage (even the trial version) to make a .RAW of your SD. This will be faster than the other way, but if you don't like bloatware, you can use Option A.

p0wwww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For USB Loader users: Use CFG Loader. Even the official Brawl Minus team says it is the only working loader. I say it too.
Anyway, put the codes on either your SD or USB, wherever it looks for codes (probably in the loader's base folder, like X:\usb-loader\codes\); put the "private" folder on your SD, non-negotiable.

For Disc users: do the same as above, except every file must be on the SD, excluding GeckoOS.

For Dolphin users: if you have a Wii, use the Disc setup method, then use the Homebrew Browser to grab the SD Dumper. You must have at least 50% of your SD free to do this!
When the dumper makes the .RAW, go into Dolphin/User/Wii and move it there as SD.RAW.
Then get the GeckoOS DOL/ELF and launch it from Dolphin. Set the default ISO to Brawl or change the virtual DVD to Brawl, and there you go!

Alternatively, if your SD does not have 50% free or if you do not have a Wii, plug your SD into a PC some way, then use WinImage (even the trial version) to make a .RAW of your SD. This will be faster than the other way, but if you don't like bloatware, you can use Option A.
I just tried using CFG usb loader and it found cheats. However the title screen is the same, the character selection is rearranged but they all look the same as before. Also the gameplay is the same. It's as if it only enabled the unlocked characters, nothing more. Any ideas?

**edit**
I figured it out after two days of searching and trying different things. It turns out you HAVE to use your SD card and it appears that the SD card HAS to be at or smaller than 2GB. The ocarina codes didn't work on my 64gb sd card but as soon as I switched it over to a 2GB one it worked. Hope this helps someone later down the road. All I did was copy the downloaded 2.x.4 files to the root of the SD card (nothing else on the card) then overwrote it with the 2.x.5 update, deleted the old cheat txt file (the one with FINAL in the name, in the codes directory on the root of the SD card), plugged it into my wii, launched USB Loader GX (yes you read right, I didn't use cfg loader), made sure ocarina was enabled, launched the game with the SD in and bingo, it worked.

If anyone has questions or needs more specifics I'm all ears.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: