XP
Country
Canada
menboot04.png
It's finally here.

The final 2.# series Brawl-.

Brawl- 2.X is FINALLY HERE.

What have we brought to the table?

Plenty of balance changes. Samus is no longer incredibly overpowering. Game and Watch no longer dies to a light wind. Luigi is finally at a point where we can honestly say he's fun to play against. The cast has come a very long way from the matchup defining gimmicks that onced defined the entire game.

The biggest balance change however has to be something we're incredibly proud of, an idea pitched by the legendary Kirk, Bowzangief, who you've all seen from our blogpost. No longer will you simply either beat Bowser or lose to him. Better learn to tech, though.

There are plenty of smaller changes you may not notice at first. Multi-jump characters who were not originally multi-jump characters now have the same fail-safe that the original ones had, where you cannot simply buffer and waste all your jumps. Toon Link has a small trick that allows him to grab while holding his bombs. Peach's NAir now eats shields for breakfast. THUNDER IS RED. Moves make an awesome clanking SFX when they, well, clank. We've taken care to add plenty of small things to this release, in addition to the larger things.

Now, there are obviously changes you will notice immediately. Mario has several fantastic new tools, Bowser has been gone over, and Olimar is just... well Olimar. Ganondorf is also an airplane now.

It's been a lot of work but here it is. This is most likely the final non-patch release for a long while. Will Brawl- be recognizable when it resurfaces? No way to know.

Special thanks to previous members of the team, including Budget Player Cadet, TSON, Kirk, standardtoaster, MonkUnit, Xyless, Composer, and various others whom without this project would never have gotten this far.
Special thanks to ASF1nk for the incredibly sexy strap loader.

Riivolution loading is not supported simply because creating a Riivolution xml would have pushed back our release date.

Reactions: 1 person

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason this isn't working on any of my USB loaders. I've tried NeoGamma, WiiFlow, GX, and CFG.

Supreme Dirt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll personally look into how to get it to work through a USB loader during the weekend.

*UPDATE* USB Loader guide will be up tomorrow

Deleted member 282441

AKA ZeroTheSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This hack uses that one Ocarina code, Right? Because all you need to do then is turn on Ocarina in Usb Loader GX. My own brawl hack works fine for me so it should with this, though I haven't tried it.

frogboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This hack uses that one Ocarina code, Right? Because all you need to do then is turn on Ocarina in Usb Loader GX. My own brawl hack works fine for me so it should with this, though I haven't tried it.
I have Ocarina turned on in all of my USB loaders, and it just loads Brawl regularly without the Brawl- patch.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I prefer this over Brawl+, any hack that changes the physics of the game is just splitting up what little community is left that plays

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
It didn't work with USB loader for me, I had the private folder files, the gct, ocarina activated, but nothing happened =(
If someone could be make a USB loader GX tutorial, please =)

Deleted member 282441

AKA ZeroTheSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Ocarina turned on in all of my USB loaders, and it just loads Brawl regularly without the Brawl- patch.
Do you have the .gct file on your SD card?
Some folder I forget > RSBE01.gct

frogboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the .gct file on your SD card?
Some folder I forget > RSBE01.gct
Yes, I have ALL the files included in the Brawl- download.

Supreme Dirt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really haven't a clue why it's not working for you. It work fine for me.

You could try manually replacing the files on your ISO with those from the build. Some files are missing a "_en" extension, just replace the appropriate file on the ISO (this has to do with a quirk of the code that does the file replacement normally). the "pf" folder is the disc root.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning