Hacking Bravely Default EUR save lost :(

realrj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys.

It happened that u was in the fire temple, just about to save, and received the information that my save got corrupted and I needed to restart.

No matter what I did, it dos not save, o tried loading and the save completely vanished :/

Could someone spare me a save just around that part of the game?
I know it's a long shot but I was really excited about this game and now I lost everything.

Thank you so much

Hamstermascot

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You could try finding the title ID of the game here http://www.3dsdb.com/. It's usually the numbers before the two 0's. Then use savedatafiler to delete the Secure values. This sometimes work for corrupted save files.

realrj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it's completely ruined now :( the game overwrote the save when I tried re-launching it.

Now I have another issue, I downloaded several SAV files that everyone can apparently use normally by placing them on the root of the SD card, but when I do that and start a new game, it always creates a new save. It doesn't detect the downloaded one :(

I was advised to load a different game before and after placing the save on the SD to clear the "gateway's cache" but the issue persists.

Do you guys know what could be happening and why can't I load the SAV file when almost everybody else is able to do it so easily?

Thank you

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, it's completely ruined now :( the game overwrote the save when I tried re-launching it.

Now I have another issue, I downloaded several SAV files that everyone can apparently use normally by placing them on the root of the SD card, but when I do that and start a new game, it always creates a new save. It doesn't detect the downloaded one :(

I was advised to load a different game before and after placing the save on the SD to clear the "gateway's cache" but the issue persists.

Do you guys know what could be happening and why can't I load the SAV file when almost everybody else is able to do it so easily?

Thank you
People don't use SAV files by putting them on the root of the SD card?
People must install them using savedatafiler!

realrj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I beg your pardon but the whole community has been telling me to place the SAV file on the root of the SD card, this is a Card1 game, not a Card2 like Pokémon.

I did that to all my other games and it works fine, just this one is giving me a headache

Askedforthis

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This is a known problem. I had the same problem with Persona Q where I lost my save in the endgame and the game deleted the old save automatically. No way to get it back, it is gone. Permanently.

To mitigate this, remember to go back to the main 3DS menu before turning the device off, and wait at least 10 seconds before pressing the home button and quitting the game after saving the game to ensure that it is written correctly to the card. Might be snake oil, but it doesn't hurt. Even better: Take backups of your stuff often. Very often.

As for the save, try replacing the new SAV file it creates with the one you downloaded.

realrj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This is a known problem. I had the same problem with Persona Q where I lost my save in the endgame and the game deleted the old save automatically. No way to get it back, it is gone. Permanently.

To mitigate this, remember to go back to the main 3DS menu before turning the device off, and wait at least 10 seconds before pressing the home button and quitting the game after saving the game to ensure that it is written correctly to the card. Might be snake oil, but it doesn't hurt. Even better: Take backups of your stuff often. Very often.

As for the save, try replacing the new SAV file it creates with the one you downloaded.

Thanks a lot for the advice :)

I tried doing all that already with the new save file but it always assumes the game is clear and creates a brand new one :/

I've seen a lot of people doing the same and having no issues, and some guys having the same proble, but posted no solution on it :(

Hamstermascot

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You have to make a savefile and export that one. Then rename the downloaded savefile after the one made in the filer folder and you use savedatafiler to overwrite the current one.

realrj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
When I save my game on Bravely Default and then exit the game, a SAV file is automatically created on my SD card, I need to create another one with savedatafiler?

Hamstermascot

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When I save my game on Bravely Default and then exit the game, a SAV file is automatically created on my SD card, I need to create another one with savedatafiler?

You use sky3ds or cfw? With cfw and the installation on the sdcard would require savedatafiler. With sky3ds you need to use a different program. You can't just paste the savefile on it.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Copy the sav file to the SD card, make sure you are using the same region rom as for the save, also make sure the rom is names .3ds and not .3dz and finally you may need to switch save encryprion setting's from the gw menu as the save may have been made ages ago when hax only worked on 4.x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @BigOnYa ??