Braindump Error when dumping Pokemon Moon

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by MrNeo_, Jan 9, 2017.

1. MrNeo_
    OP

MrNeo_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    Spain
    When I try to dump my Pokemon Moon game (digital copy) with braindump I get the following error:

Failure during dumping. Output data is incomplete

-I'm with an O3DS on 11.2
    -I have more than 6 GB remaining on my SD card
    -I can succesfully dump other games such as Pokemon XY and ORAS
    -I have CFW as well as Luma 6.6
    -Braindump gets the romfs succesfully but not the exefs. (When I check the SD card the exefs is only 1 Byte)

Anyone know why this happens and if there's a way to solve it?

2. pietempgba

pietempgba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2016
    United States
    don't use braindump dump your cart with Hourglass9 or Decrypt9WIP they both can dump and they can also dump your cart directly to a cia

GilgameshArcher likes this.
  3. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Shiny Mew!

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    Update to hax 2.8. Hold X while launching hbl cia.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

He wants the contents of the dump.

4. MrNeo_
    OP

MrNeo_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    Spain
    So if I update HBL will it work?
    Because I just did and I'm about to attempt the dump one more time.

5. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Shiny Mew!

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    Yup. Hax 2.8 fixes a PASLR problem. I did it earlier today.

6. tnecniv43208

tnecniv43208 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2016
    Taiwan
    I have the exact problem, was using Pokemon sun legit cia, and hax 2.8 doesn't work don't bother trying, I dumped sun for 5 times(yeah like 9 hours) all running 2.8 and failed getting the exefs
    I was on 11.1 when dumping so no paslr for sm either, and I don't have a fix for braindump about this sorry

Last edited by tnecniv43208, Jan 10, 2017
  7. MrNeo_
    OP

MrNeo_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    Spain
    After almost 2 hours of dumping, even after updating, I still got the same error.

Is there another dump program? Hourglass only dumps the catridge I've got inserted and my game is digital downloaded from the eShop. Still trying to figure out how to work with Decrypt9

8. tnecniv43208

Nov 9, 2016
    Taiwan
    Maybe someone can point out how to dump digital games with d9, I tried yesterday by dumping system titles and it dumped all , no choice given

9. pietempgba

pietempgba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2016
    United States
  10. tnecniv43208

Nov 9, 2016
    Taiwan
  11. Khangaroo

Khangaroo $ORIGINALTITLE

Feb 27, 2016
    United States
    192.168.1.3 (don't ddos me!)
    Just use Decrypt9WIP to dump it as decrypted CXI...

12. robotic_jo

robotic_jo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    same thing happened to me yesterday

13. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    I wonder why it's not working for some people? I dumped my Pokemon Moon cartridge just fine with braindump. (N3DSXL-11.2 A9LH+Luma) I still have the old one that dumps the RomFS/ExeFS extracted already. (This was before hax 2.8 too).

14. robotic_jo

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    im on o3ds with al9h cfw latest version doesnt let me dump. It says something at the end after the really long download

15. PKMWM1

PKMWM1 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2015
    United States
    Can someone please explain exactly what I'm supposed to be doing? Because decrypt9 and Hourglass9 seem to only be giving me .3ds files when I need the romfs and exefs of Pokemon Moon. Can someone give me direct instructions of how I'm supposed to actually get from my gamecart to having those files?

16. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    for those telling him to use Decrypt9 Just read , he's stated his copy is a DIGITAL copy

17. tnecniv43208

Nov 9, 2016
    Taiwan
    You do know D9 can dump a digital game into .cxi? I just did that yesterday with my sun digital, but it appears that the exefs is encrypted though, but again D9 can dump digital games, just not fully decrypted in my case, I may have done something wrong, also if anyone wants to use d9 but confused by the UI, try the previous version with the same UI as H9, in the latest release it did stated rename cia converter

KunoichiZ likes this.
  18. Favna

Favna #PCMasterRace

Sep 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    To be precise - taken from the Decrypt9 GitHub README.md

Content Decryptor Options
    SD File Options​
      • SD CXI Dumper (SysNAND dir): This feature is similar to the SD Decryptor, but only handles the CXI (CTR eXecutable Image), uses title_id.cxi as file name and fully decrypts the NCCH. This is useful to create images for use in Citra from installed content. This handles content from the /Nintendo 3DS/ subfolder belonging to SysNAND.
    CIA Builder Options​
      • CIA Builder (SysNAND/orig.): This was previously called 'Content to CIA (SysNAND dir)'. This feature allows you to directly convert content installed to the SD card to a CIA file. It handles content from the /Nintendo 3DS/ subfolder belonging to SysNAND. This variant of the feature tries to build CIAs as genuine as possible, while still wiping identifying information from the file. If you need similar functionality for titles installed to NAND, use ctrnand-title-cia-gen by ihaveamac.
      • CIA Builder (SysNAND/decr.): This feature has the same functionality as the features above. In addition, it fully decrypts the CIA files it generates for better compatibility. Take note that the additional decryption and recalculation of checksums mean longer processing times. This handles content from the /Nintendo 3DS/ subfolder belonging to SysNAND.

19. robotic_jo

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    so any idea why braindump has that weird error for me?

20. Favna

Favna #PCMasterRace

Sep 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    This:

What that is to say, don't even bother with braindump. It is old. Deprecated. Ancient. Not worth your time.