Bounty Battle announced

BountyBattle_Banner.jpg

Crossover events in comic books, films, and games are exciting moments where multiple fandoms come together to settle the age-old dispute of “Who wins?”. Bounty Battle, the upcoming platform fighter gives the giants of the indie gaming world a stage to settle that dispute and introduce gamers to some of the coolest characters they may have missed out on.

The Ultimate Indie Brawler, Bounty Battle, is coming to Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and PC this summer. It features fighters from games such as Dead Cells, Darkest Dungeon, Guacamelee!, Axiom Verge, Jotun, and many more. Releasing on all platforms gives fans of these characters, no matter where they play, a chance to step into the shoes of a favorite once more!

Guest Roster 3.jpg Guest Roster 2.jpg Guest Roster 1.jpg

relauby

Idiot Child
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Super random, it barely got a mention in the Indie Showcase, but it looks to be one of the more interesting games shown today. I'm skeptical, but interested enough to try it.

I was just about to comment that I was surprised it didn't get mentioned at all in the showcase. I guess it was so quick I completely missed it.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing an alliteration with b and ending in battle my mind immediately leapt to Barcode Battler

Barcode battler?

What's next? Food Labels The Card Game?

Otherwise, with how moddable Rivals of Aether (almost like a Smash Bros. MUGEN) is apparently if the following video is any indication, I think these characters would be done better there:

Last edited by Silent_Gunner,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
ClayFighter 63⅓ wasn't that bad, just overpriced and a tad too short. If you are playing on an emulator get the Clayfighter: Sculptor's Cut version that's way better.

Is hard to see the appeal nowadays but back in the 90s when we had ao many darn fighting games series? It was hilarious.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the idea behind this (even though it's sorta been done, but street fighter style) , but it seems sorta clunky.
I'll probably buy it for my couch gaming setup, but I'm prepared not to be blown away

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Seeing an alliteration with b and ending in battle my mind immediately leapt to Barcode Battler

I miss the time Ashens made good videos =(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As for the project it self, I'm not sure I'm sold on the idea. Doing "platform fighter crossover" is a bit of outdated gimmick at this point, and as practice showed time and time again, it's hard to recreate the same magic and polish that games like SSB provide (hence there's still only a couple relevant platform fighters at the moment). If anything, it feels like a waste of potential - such selection of characters can easily make for a stellar platformer or beat-em up, rather than whatever it is right now.

Last edited by Pipistrele,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all