Question Bought recently a switch.

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Wulliam, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Wulliam
    OP

Wulliam Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2019
    France
    Hello ,
    I've recently bought a Nintendo Switch at a french supermarket -- So , i've wanted to have custom firmwares on it , i've gathered a lot of informations but still i'm lost.
    The unit is a patched unit , (XAJ40063) -- The firmware is 8.0.1.

I've read somewhere that trying to boot RCM on patched unit is impossible / risky.

1. What could i do now ? Is there a way for me to use a custom firmware or i'm permantly fu**** ?
    2. And by the way , is there a way to know if my unit has been Supernag ?

Thanks ,

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    As of right now patched unit get CFW support up to 4.1.0, there is no planned support for firmware past 7.0.1 as the exploit got patched in 8.0.0, so if you really want to get CFW, get an unpatched unit.

Lacius likes this.
  3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    There is a good chance you will never be able to hack your Switch. It's patched, so it will not be able to use the RCM exploit, and the warmboot exploit might never work on 8.0.0 and higher. You should return this Switch and buy one that's unpatched. Look at the serial number before making a purchase.

4. yimejky

yimejky Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2019
    Slovakia
    You don't have to worry about supernag. It only prevent you from using browser, which is necessary for dejavu exploit chain, which was patched in 8.x. So in nutshell, you will probably never ever have fun with cfw until somebody come with something revolutionary.

5. Wulliam
    OP

Wulliam Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2019
    France
    Oh damn. I don't know if i can get it refunded ; seems like i'm really fck.

6. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If you can't get a refund, sell it. Otherwise, you're out of luck.

7. Wulliam
    OP

Wulliam Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2019
    France
    Yup. I'm going to see what are the solutions here ; i'm frustrated now haha.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted