Hacking Question Bought recently a switch.

Wulliam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello ,
I've recently bought a Nintendo Switch at a french supermarket -- So , i've wanted to have custom firmwares on it , i've gathered a lot of informations but still i'm lost.
The unit is a patched unit , (XAJ40063) -- The firmware is 8.0.1.

I've read somewhere that trying to boot RCM on patched unit is impossible / risky.

1. What could i do now ? Is there a way for me to use a custom firmware or i'm permantly fu**** ?
2. And by the way , is there a way to know if my unit has been Supernag ?

Thanks ,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of right now patched unit get CFW support up to 4.1.0, there is no planned support for firmware past 7.0.1 as the exploit got patched in 8.0.0, so if you really want to get CFW, get an unpatched unit.

Reactions: Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a good chance you will never be able to hack your Switch. It's patched, so it will not be able to use the RCM exploit, and the warmboot exploit might never work on 8.0.0 and higher. You should return this Switch and buy one that's unpatched. Look at the serial number before making a purchase.

yimejky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
You don't have to worry about supernag. It only prevent you from using browser, which is necessary for dejavu exploit chain, which was patched in 8.x. So in nutshell, you will probably never ever have fun with cfw until somebody come with something revolutionary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: