Hardware Bought a non N dock and ........!!!

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That sounds more like an insufficient voltage problem. I have an Idol 4S with Windows and I bought a cheapo Type-C to HDMI+USB+AC adapter. It works fine with no AC adapter plugged in, but I had to track down an AC adapter that didn't break Continuum - and even then there's always some finagling to make it work. Are any of you trying to use the original AC adapter?

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't know partially bricked was a thing .. I have the same dock and this happens to me all of the time. It's just a freeze not a brick. Can it really brick your system? Good question.
I've went through 200 negative comments on Amazong for this board and I couldn't find a hard brick case. I'm not saying it never happened but lets just say the risk is way higher with Nyko's dock.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I didn't know partially bricked was a thing .. I have the same dock and this happens to me all of the time. It's just a freeze not a brick. Can it really brick your system? Good question.
I've went through 200 negative comments on Amazong for this board and I couldn't find a hard brick case. I'm not saying it never happened but lets just say the risk is way higher with Nyko's dock.
Which Board?
There are 6 different Boards.
Nintendo, nyko, Scorel, coov, cforce and infinity

Gesendet von meinem Huawei P10 mit Tapatalk

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it works 6 Months why should IT brick Know?
A few Euro? It's massiv!
Original 89€ around 109$
Coov 15-20€ around 18,7-24,5$

Nintendo was just paranoid about hacking/homebrew that they changed the way their consoles worked, epic fail on their part. Keep in mind that people
have reported docks bricking their consoles before the updates, esp. Nyko, so......

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes nyko and scorel are Problem Docks.
Infinity, cforce and coov are good and working Best.

Coov works at me and my friends since Release and with 5.0 since it is released without problems.

Last edited by Liriel,

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Infinity, cforce and coov are good and working Best.

Coov works at me and my friends since Release and with 5.0 since it is released without problems.

Where can I buy a coov one? Thanks!

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Look at aliexpress after coov sh350 or sh500.
On eBay should be These Docks too but a bit higher price aß at aliexpress

Last edited by Liriel,
Reactions: LuigiXL

jrobertdobson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not fear mongering anything. I thought I lost my switch.

spkuja, Can You confirm that the switch sleeps properly, charges properly, and you are using official adapter?
Coov adapter users please confirm same?

Coov adapter instructions:
How to use it:
Step 1. Connect power supply to the Converter adapter/cable (recommend use a original DC power adapter 15V/2.6A).
Step 2. Connect HDMI cable to your console and turn on TV/display screen.
Step 3. Get Switch to Home screen and REMOVE Joycons before plugging the HDMI hub into the Switch.
Step 4. Connect to your Nintendo Switch console by Type-C.

What happens if you forget to remove Joycons?
or if you don't wake switch first, or it goes to sleep?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm not fear mongering anything. I thought I lost my switch.

spkuja, Can You confirm that the switch sleeps properly, charges properly, and you are using official adapter?
Coov adapter users please confirm same?

Coov adapter instructions:
How to use it:
Step 1. Connect power supply to the Converter adapter/cable (recommend use a original DC power adapter 15V/2.6A).
Step 2. Connect HDMI cable to your console and turn on TV/display screen.
Step 3. Get Switch to Home screen and REMOVE Joycons before plugging the HDMI hub into the Switch.
Step 4. Connect to your Nintendo Switch console by Type-C.

What happens if you forget to remove Joycons?
or if you don't wake switch first, or it goes to sleep?
I don't know, but those instructions scare me. Someone (at the link I posted before) also said the instructions tell you to plug in the cables and Switch in a specific order. Maybe there's a chance of bricking if you do it wrong.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
From where is the manual from?
Its not from the coov Page!

Coov Docks are Use like that:
1. Plug in hdmi
2. Plug in Power supply
3. Plug in switch.
Thats like it is worte in the coov Dock manual.

The joycon only needed to unplug when you will Use it.
That can Make after the switch is docked too.

When you not wake up the switch from stand bye you will Have no picture on the TV.
Its a little Problem since 1-2 Months that when Docked and wake up from stand bye no picture come to the TV.

You must then plug out and plug in the switch.
Its a Problem through the Firmware of the switch but nothing that damage the switch.

Power supply can be at a coov Dock 5v 1.0 or the 15v.

My switch load, charge and sleep in the coov Dock without problems and work fine in the original Dock.

Last edited by Liriel,

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Infinity, cforce and coov are good and working Best

What about Fyeoung, Rocketek, MoKo, AllEASY, FUTSYM, Wofalodata, Magigaga, Linkstyle, J&Top, BASTOP, FastSnail, MENEEA and FancyWolf?

If you're judging docks based on just anecdotal evidence, and what brand the chinese manufactorers slap on the plastic case, you're gonna be in for a shock.

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
According to this vid most of these third party docks have the same internals.

I guessed. I was browsing Amazon in search of all the different docks/adapters in hopes of finding a good quality one, using the "similar products" links. I ended up with over 15 tabs and I still don't think that was all the different brands of third party docks (and I use the word "brand" quite wrongly)

Upon taking a second look at them, they all offered the same thing: one set of products for mini-docks, then one set of products for HDMI adapters (same thing just with less USB-A ports, and different plastic shape), often with the ports in the same positions, all used the same approximate pricing, and many of the descriptions were poor English and/or copy pasted from eachother. Nyko and Scorel were also in that list.

If I didn't know better, I'd think the brand names were non-sensical words that sounded like someone was just using a random word-generator to come up with names that allow them to masquerade as many different brands for the same product, not only oversaturating the search results for that product but also fooling buyers with the illusion of choice.

Last edited by HexZyle,
Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays