Hardware Bought a non N dock and ........!!!

jrobertdobson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT!!! BRICK ISSUE!!!

I am gonna update as I figure out things.

I am on FW5.

Problem is there in lower FW, but more so in 5. {thanks B4rtj4h for info}

Bought this dock off amazon.
https://smile.amazon.com/Station-Sa...521536529&sr=8-1&keywords=switch+dock+melopow

It puts my switch into docked TV mode off of a battery pack, and a Samsung Note8 charger. Not just the factory one.

Partial brick 1: TV was off, hooked everything up in this order. 1 HDMI to both, 2 Power to adapter, 3 woke up switch to lock screen and plugged up... turned on TV, tried to select HDMI, didn't show active. unplugged switch and no display. thought it was bricked, but noticed pro controller was still connected. Hard reboot fixed display.

freak brick 2: TV on HDMI. Hook up as above, lockscreen showed on TV. Didn't unlock and it turned off, freaked switch out. Hooked to TV I got flashes of display, unhooked no display. Hard reboot fixed.

Working fine time... Hooked up, with switch awake at home screen. Boom, TV screen, loaded BOTW and played for a few, no problems at all. Unplugged and went portable but t i saw one thing, Console battery Low warning popup even though battery status said 100%. Did not let it sleep while hooked up, put it to sleep after unhook, battery stat is working correctly as I an at 56% after playing a bit.

Last edited by jrobertdobson,
Reactions: LuigiXL

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a similar one. My Switch always partially bricks when I use this thing... So be warned.

Partial brick: It just freezes on a black screen. I have to completely restart it to play on it again.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by sarkwalvein,

jrobertdobson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I posted in the brick thread, that I saw right after I posted this. I am almost betting with these aftermarket docks, that the 15V input is killing things.
I have used 5V only and had no problems yet, although it wasn't but about 10 minutes. I am gonna closely monitor things and keep updating on what I find out.
These dongle docks were meant as an output for a phone, and only 5V, so I doubt there are proper regulators for the 15V in down to 5V, 3V3, and so on, so there are leaks/spikes killing things by overvoltage. Without tearing things apart, because I dont have $ to replace, I am guessing, but at most possibly 12V max is what the chips in these docks is made for because the Official Samsung charger has 9V for fast charge.
If it bricks my system, I'm under warranty, and have a no ??? replacement program too... then I may test components.

jrobertdobson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YEP> BRICKED.@!
just now.

OK partial brick, held power for ever, it rebooted.

Apple charger
HDMI not selected on tv.

hum, repeatable? narrow down cause= possible solution.

OK HDMI selected TV on
same setup
works fine.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

jrobertdobson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a similar one. My Switch always partially bricks when I use this thing... So be warned.

Partial brick: It just freezes on a black screen. I have to completely restart it to play on it again.

FW version please? I am in a mood to figure this out.

I partial bricked like you, when I didn't have the correct input selected on my TV.
Restarted, correct HDMI port, working, playing BOTW now.

BUT before I started playing, when switch was on lockscreen, I plugged it in, it worked, but kinda froze/brick/freak when it fell asleep, before I went into home screen.

I am gonna try some things now, I am curious as all get-out.

Hardware, or software.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It is on 4.1.0 and it happend even more frequently on 5.0.0.

And then this exactly: BUT before I started playing, when switch was on lockscreen, I plugged it in, it worked, but kinda froze/brick/freak when it fell asleep, before I went into home screen.
Had to restart it.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Strange none of These thing with my 2 coov Docks since 6 Months and with 5.0 nothing

Gesendet von meinem Huawei P10 mit Tapatalk

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You scared me with that first line, but those aren't bricks at all. Still, it's not sounding good, why are you even still using the dock? That's like asking for a brick.

Strange none of These thing with my 2 coov Docks since 6 Months and with 5.0 nothing

Consider yourself lucky. I would stop using them right now before it's too late.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought one that everyone said worked fine, buuuuut I think I'll just never use it. Keep it as a usb c video out instead for future tech. I wonder what bits of the software go crazy.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are people even bothering with unlicensed docks? There's literally a Nintendo brand official dock included with the system!

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But for a Second or third Dock you must buy one for 89€ and that is expensive for a little Platine and massiv Plastik!

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Consider yourself lucky. I would stop using them right now before it's too late.

Why should i?
There is no proof that IT is 5.0 and 3rd Party Dock is the problem!
The Docks of defect Switches are scorel and nyko Docks.
And they are crap since Months!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Why should i?
There is no proof that IT is 5.0 and 3rd Party Dock is the problem!
The Docks of defect Switches are scorel and nyko Docks.
And they are crap since Months!

Let me rephrase. Are you really willing to risk your €300 device by plugging a $20 device into it when it's already known that at least two different products have resulted in bricks and who knows what other products may have a similar fault?
This post alone would be enough to scare me away from using those COOV docks: https://nintendoradar.com/forums/topic/44168-experiences-with-the-coov-sh350-dockadapter/
Don't become a part of the statistic.

Reactions: digipimp75

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Let me rephrase. Are you really willing to risk your €300 device by plugging a $20 device into it when it's already known that at least two different products have resulted in bricks and who knows what other products may have a similar fault?
This post alone would be enough to scare me away from using those COOV docks: https://nintendoradar.com/forums/topic/44168-experiences-with-the-coov-sh350-dockadapter/
Don't become a part of the statistic.
And you believe the Board in the orginal Dock cost 90 euro?
That Board cost around 20 €too!

Your Page not exist!
I hope it was not over this you tube Idiot.

Coov is not nyko or scorel.
Scorel and nyko are Problem Docks with defect since Months.
And Strange that i and man other Have no problems with coov Docks.

Nintendo Use Technik in the Dock that Samsung Use it too

Last edited by Liriel,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
And you believe the Board in the orginal Dock cost 90 euro?
That Board cost around 20 €too!

Your Page not exist!
I hope it was not over this you tube Idiot.

Coov is not nyko or scorel.
Scorel and nyko are Problem Docks with defect since Months.
And Strange that i and man other Have no problems with coov Docks.

Nintendo Use Technik in the Dock that Samsung Use it too

It seems to be down right now. Here, Google Cache: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?source=hp&ei=fGGxWpuyD4S26AS_gZGwBw&q=cache:https://nintendoradar.com/forums/topic/44168-experiences-with-the-coov-sh350-dockadapter/&oq=cache:https://nintendoradar.com/forums/topic/44168-experiences-with-the-coov-sh350-dockadapter/&gs_l=psy-ab.3...459.1291.0.1989.8.6.0.0.0.0.112.112.0j1.1.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..7.0.0.0...0.SZNScAZRRWU
And this is COOV.
At this point I don't trust any 3rd party docks. If Nyko can fuck it up that badly what makes you think the cheapo chinese manufacturers can do any better?

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Öhm i dont Know where you Read in this Single Post that coov Bad is.

I Reader only something of Amazon but There are not clean which Board it is and the most Bad comments There are scorel Boards.

Fastsnails and my rann sind rebrander white different Sourcecode for the product.

I Use 2 coov Docks since they are released and several that i knew Use that to without problems

Last edited by Liriel,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom