Bought a new PSP

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by keine, Aug 30, 2011.

Aug 30, 2011

Bought a new PSP by keine at 6:52 PM (643 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. keine
    OP

Member keine GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So to recap, my first PSP was bought used. Its a 2000 star wars white edition. Problem was that the outer casing was scratched to hell. Buttons were SUPER mushy. Tiny dust particle affixed to inner screen.
    So scared I might not be getting the most out of my PSP I bought a new one.

Here are my initial thoughts of the "feel" of the PSP 3000. SAME. Exact for the buttons are *much* more responsive. They aren't clicky like Nintendo DS, but more a harder mush. Moral of the story, I should probably have just replaced the septums on my previous 2000. That would have tightened up the buttons.

Firmware version 6.39 so I'm good a non permanent hack. I hope rehack on restart isn't that big of a pain, FAQ says its not. I just thought that since Vita is still quite a ways off, I'd invest in another PSP for the time being. PSP is still incredible for playing SNES and PSX. I have an entire library of PSX games I need to play (I was more of an N64 kid). Games like FFXII and Xenogears.

To others who might have OCD and feel their used PSP isn't "good", just replace the rubber septums. Just like new.

2. kevan

Member kevan Imagination rules the world

Australia
    I got my used PSP 3000 for $120 AUS.
    Feels amazing [​IMG]

3. Yeloazndevil

Member Yeloazndevil GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I know how you feel now recently bought a psp 3000 which came yesterday it was all messed up, returned it today and bought a new psp. Never buying used for a handheld ever again

4. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    It's just a matter of luck mate. I bought my PSP 2000 3 months ago and I've played it everyday since then. I love it to bits. Absolutely amazing and in a supergood state.