Gaming Bought a copy of Metal Gear Solid Peace walker

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Alright guys here's the run down-I just bought my copy of MGS:Peace Walker and Im wondering if there is a way to get the umd to play? I "obtained" a downloadable copy a few days back but I wanted to surport kojima's works.

nugundam0079

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I figured it was something like that-I have a 2000 but no pandora-its fine ill just keep playing the "yarr" version, Ive done my part at least.

CloudHiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
usualy, you can trick the game into thinking your running a newer version without switching back and forth between custom and offical firmware.

while powering on your psp, hold the R button, this'll send it to the recovery menu. go to advanced and hit Toggle USB(flash 0), have your psp connected to a computer via usb cable, it should be able to connect. now go to the folder called vsh, then etc, then click on the file named 'version' in notepad. under release, change what comes medately after the : to 6.20. should work.

after this, click on toggle USB (flash0) again to reset the access to the psp back to normal. I do this for all the games I buy on the psp (useing 5.00 m33 6) and it hasnt failed for me yet, just change the number to whatever the offical version of Firmware is currently. I'll let you know if it works here too cause im going to pick up my pre-ordered copy in a few minutes (and my bandana XD)

You just got to be really careful cause if you change anything else it could royaly screw up your psp.

edit: well, that didnt work
frown.gif

nugundam0079

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
CloudHiro said:
usualy, you can trick the game into thinking your running a newer version without switching back and forth between custom and offical firmware.

while powering on your psp, hold the R button, this'll send it to the recovery menu. go to advanced and hit Toggle USB(flash 0), have your psp connected to a computer via usb cable, it should be able to connect. now go to the folder called vsh, then etc, then click on the file named 'version' in notepad. under release, change what comes medately after the : to 6.20. should work.

after this, click on toggle USB (flash0) again to reset the access to the psp back to normal. I do this for all the games I buy on the psp (useing 5.00 m33 6) and it hasnt failed for me yet, just change the number to whatever the offical version of Firmware is currently. I'll let you know if it works here too cause im going to pick up my pre-ordered copy in a few minutes (and my bandana XD)

You just got to be really careful cause if you change anything else it could royaly screw up your psp.

edit: well, that didnt work
frown.gif
Bummer! i got my bandana too lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...