Bought a bricked Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by SanderJ, Nov 22, 2019.

1. SanderJ
    OP

SanderJ Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Interesting. I'll keep poking at it. If I find a fix, I'll post back on this thread. thanks

Awesomeslayerg and KiiWii like this.
  2. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    £20 such a steal

Awesomeslayerg and KiiWii like this.
  3. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Good luck OP, I’m rooting for you to fix this.

:ph34r:

SanderJ likes this.
  4. Awesomeslayerg

Awesomeslayerg GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2011
    United States
    I want to know the outcome seems like an interesting problem to fix.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Are you using tegrarcm to push the the hetake payload?

SanderJ likes this.
  5. SanderJ
    OP

SanderJ Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Yeah using tegrarcmgui. When I inject, hekate I get a black screen, same with lockpick

but when I inject biskeydump.bin I get this and it dumped my keys to sd card

[​IMG]

I put white blocks over the data

Last edited by SanderJ, Nov 22, 2019
  6. Awesomeslayerg

Awesomeslayerg GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2011
    United States

Try an older version see if that boots. Are you using scardsetup page to download stuff??

7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Try not to break it more in your attempt to fix it. I'm pretty sure you'll get way more than that for it on eBay. The joycons, dock and charger alone are worth way more. So even if the Switch is a lost cause you can make some decent money reselling the accessories.
    Faulty Switches with accessories easily go for $150++. Depending on what the fault is of course, but I'm sure you could get more than $100.

8. SanderJ
    OP

SanderJ Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2019
    United Kingdom
    No. I'll try an older one

I understand. But I would really like to find a fix, not really for the sake of selling. But for this to become a future reference as I find articles on the internet for various things years later which are helpful for many things in life, etc.

Ammako and Awesomeslayerg like this.
  9. SanderJ
    OP

SanderJ Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Update:

No luck as of yet, but I'm not going to sell the Switch. I really want to get this fix for any future reference so if anyone has any suggestions, do let me know as crazy as it be may, I don't care :) I'm really sure there's a fix but it's finding the how. I've spent 7 hours so far straight and will continue tomorrow. Really interesting, the Switch I won't sell, making it my mission to find the fix. Thanks for all the help guys today and tomorrow is another day.

antiNT likes this.
  10. SanderJ
    OP

SanderJ Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I can't sleep, Is this even possible? I removed the eMMC, now I can hold Vol+ and connect cable with no jig connected and TegraRCM says RCM OK and I can inject only biskeydump.bin still but how is that even possible with no jig?

11. Philliyxx

Philliyxx GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2018
    United States
    Auto rcm

12. SanderJ
    OP

SanderJ Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2019
    United Kingdom
    No. I've just had my friend unscrew his Nintendo Switch. Remove the eMMC nand and then hold vol+ and then connect cable and RCM is detected. I really hope this is a new method. I'm not joking and no not auto rcm too

NO JIG Too

13. SanderJ
    OP

SanderJ Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2019
    United Kingdom
    My friend can make an XAJ40062 be detected for RCM on Tegra with this method. But injecting payloads haven't worked and this is as far as he believes a patched Switch

14. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Patched switches have no problem entering RCM. You just cant push a payload

15. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    A blue screen simply means pkg2/kernel panicked. Could be caused by something as simple as a pkg1/pkg2 mismatch resulting in a validation error, or could be caused by a very deep problem within the ODNX01/ODNX02/ODNX10 chip.

You can try running android or Ubuntu on a spare SD card if you have one to check if its hardware is functional.

Last edited by ZachyCatGames, Nov 23, 2019
    loler55 likes this.
  16. Snomannen_kalle

Snomannen_kalle GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2018
    Norway
    I can't find anything to back this up after a quick google search, but I am sure I read somewhere, around the time when the exploit was first revealed, that it is possible to enter RCM by removing the NAND chip

loler55 likes this.
  17. chippy

chippy GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2017
    Australia
    Isn't boot 0/1 in the nand chip and it will go into rcm if they are corrupt (in this case non existant)? That's how auto rcm works by corrupting them

18. SanderJ
    OP

SanderJ Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

Just want to give you an update. After messing around with everything inside I just decided to press on components after RCM was dected. I pressed my thumb firmly on this component here, I assume something important is under the shield

upload_2019-11-24_18-10-59.

and it lets me inject any payload I want. I was able to inject hekate and lockpick RCM. It told me I burnt 11/64 fuses. But the only problem is my SD card isn't being detected. It's saying it's not mounted. But this is progress I guess as now I know how to inject any payload with this. But my question is how comes I don't have to press anything firmly to get biskeydump.bin to inject successfully. Like I said, I will continue with this till I hopefully find a fix. Maybe it needs like a reflow or something?

KiiWii likes this.
  19. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    The two 2gb LPDDR4 DRAM chips, and Tegra X1 are under that shield, the side you circled has the DRAM.
    The DRAM could be messed up, would explain pkg2 and hekate not being able to run.

Last edited by ZachyCatGames, Nov 24, 2019
  20. SanderJ
    OP

SanderJ Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Here's what I also found out, I get into RCM right. Hold my thumb down on the shield. It lets me inject hekate. Now, if I want hekate to display my fuse information, etc, I have to hold my thumb on the shield. If not, it will show nothing. But when I hold it down, all the fuse information is displayed eg this one burnt 11/64

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted