ROM Hack Question BOTW WiiU -> Switch save convertion - Heroes Path not working after converting save.

Zeldafanzero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I am trying to convert my BOTW Wii U so I can use it on my Switch. Multiple tools have worked, and I'm able to inject the save into the Switch NAND and load up my save file with all of my items/hearts/shrines complete/etc.

The problem is that no matter what converter I use, the green "Heroes Path" trail doesn't get converted and seems to get corrupted.

I can see on the GitHub Issue Tracker that this is a known issue: https://github.com/WemI0/BOTW_SaveConv/issues/1

Unfortunately, the fix suggested is not working for me. I believe the issue is something to do with the trackblock08.sav file (the highest-numbered trackblockXX.sav file I had on my WiiU save), as the most recent trackblockXX.sav file I've seen from every valid Nintendo Switch save has a different header than all the trackblockXX.sav files before it.

Any ideas?

Zeldafanzero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's unfortunate. If we can collect a bunch of genuine Switch saves I'd be happy to try looking at the headers to see if I can sort it.

shengolol

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Zeldafanzero, please upload your complete savegame from the wii u, I will gladly convert it for you. I figured the headers out, it would be great to have another test before I fork the converter and merge my changes. Best regards

skins20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Zeldafanzero, please upload your complete savegame from the wii u, I will gladly convert it for you. I figured the headers out, it would be great to have another test before I fork the converter and merge my changes. Best regards

Could you help me in that,please?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY