ROM Hack WIP BotW Save Manager - Cross-platform command-line - Windows-only UI

JordantheBuizel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been doing a bunch of testing and research to fix this app, and I should have most issues cleaned up (fingers crossed). The last version repeatedly wrote all binaries of *.sav files to option.sav in the root of the output folder so all saves ended up invalid. Also properly implemented version parsing of saves. Full changelog and download here: https://github.com/JordanZeotni/BotW-Save-Manager/releases
https://github.com/JordanZeotni/BotW-Save-Manager/releases
Tested with v1.4 and v1.5 saves with DLC installed.

hello! i used savemii on my wiiu to get my save data in version 1.4 of the game. I cant convert it. the software says is converted, but when i check it in the savegame editor online, is still showing up as a wiiu version. is not compatible with the v1.4? if you need it, i can pm you with the save data. thank you so much for your time!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok, i used the old version with the .exe file and worked like a charm. this UI version is not working at all with the v1.4 save file.

It would be great if you could test this again and see if it works correctly now.

Reactions: Vponto

Vponto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
amiibo_save_pack.rar
"In preparation for a second playthrough I made a starter savegame that has Epona in the stable plus all amiibo armors and weapons in the inventory. You'll get to choose one of three saves to load each with a different combination of amiibo rewards.

This save works?

JordantheBuizel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amiibo_save_pack.rar
"In preparation for a second playthrough I made a starter savegame that has Epona in the stable plus all amiibo armors and weapons in the inventory. You'll get to choose one of three saves to load each with a different combination of amiibo rewards.

This save works?

I don't see why not, the only way you will know is if you try.

MHHuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm getting this error when trying to save my converted file to anywhere.

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 233

Jimstr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am very sorry for this, and usually I can figure this stuff out, I already have botw running with cemu and WiiUUSB... but I have no idea how to use this converter.

Could you please help me?

I have a save file on my switch, and I would like to load it on my pc (as my pc account is at 0xp)
I've downloaded checkpoint, but I'm not sure how to use it or how to extract my save file from the switch.
Do I need this homebrew program first? (Could you explain what this is? Is it like cemu?)

Again, I'm very sorry for these questions. I realize every single person in this thread has had no issues and I'm feeling stupid b/c I can't find the executable.

jrhb314

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance of a tutorial or step by step guide? I'm stuck with the save data from the WiiU on a USB, but can't seem to do anything with it on my computer as Windows doesn't recognize the file system.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Any chance of a tutorial or step by step guide? I'm stuck with the save data from the WiiU on a USB, but can't seem to do anything with it on my computer as Windows doesn't recognize the file system.
You need to dump your save on your Wii U with SaveMii (to the SD card) or with Saviine (to the PC) to get the actual savegame.

JordantheBuizel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest release has been updated with logging support. @skins20 If you could try that version that would be great and if it still does not work attach your log from the ./Logs/ folder please.

Reactions: lordelan

Allen-R

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Nice, my save from 2020 worked! Why didn't I search for this before?
Don't have to start from scratch and continue from the WiiU version. Spent too much time on that.

Reactions: lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: LMAO