JordantheBuizel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Breath of the Wild Save Converter

This tool is useless if all you want to do is edit your save, the following link can directly edit Switch saves without any conversion: https://www.marcrobledo.com/savegame-editors/zelda-botw/

BotW Save Converter is a fork of https://github.com/WemI0/BOTW_SaveConv that at the moment can convert BotW save files between Switch and Wii U. It currently has been written with .Net Framework for Windows with UI, and .Net Core (command-line only) for cross-compatibility.

Download:
https://github.com/DeltaJordan/BotW-Save-Manager/releases

Dependencies:
  • Windows
    • .Net Framework 4.7
  • Other
    • .Net Core - varies by system
Source:
https://github.com/DeltaJordan/BotW-Save-Manager

Report any issues and I will address them to the best of my ability.

Last edited by JordantheBuizel,

JordantheBuizel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mounted my USER partition from my backup I did of my Switch and it seems the saves are encrypted or compiled somehow. I'm not sure if there's a way to extract the save from it or not. All I know is these dumping/flashing scripts should work, but they require a Switch with <=3.0.0

gbatemp: threads/write-mod-savefile-dump-botw-not-working.499559/page-3#post-7902831

(still can't post links lmao)

upload_2018-5-7_22-33-40.png

If anyone can get some BotW saves to me from either Wii U or Switch for testing purposes, feel free to send them to me with as much info as you can give me on game progress and game versions.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by H1B1Esquire,

binarymelon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I mounted my USER partition from my backup I did of my Switch and it seems the saves are encrypted or compiled somehow. I'm not sure if there's a way to extract the save from it or not. All I know is these dumping/flashing scripts should work, but they require a Switch with <=3.0.0

gbatemp: threads/write-mod-savefile-dump-botw-not-working.499559/page-3#post-7902831

(still can't post links lmao)

View attachment 122615

If anyone can get some BotW saves to me from either Wii U or Switch for testing purposes, feel free to send them to me with as much info as you can give me on game progress and game versions.

How should we send you save files?

JordantheBuizel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks I didn't realize that existed. This should help a bunch.

How should we send you save files?

If you check out the thread that is linked above send a message here with a link to the file with the format that that thread uses; until there's a thread dedicated to Switch save games (unless it already exists too and I missed it) that'll have to do. Since there's a whole bunch of Wii U saves there already what I really need now is some Switch saves.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

JordantheBuizel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this require the use of a CFW before we can use it?

Most likely. Until then this won't help much with Switch users unless a fusee save payload is released or they are able to use PegaSwitch.

What features does this have over the orignal WiiU<->Switch save conversion?

Mine has a UI on windows and is cross-platform in command-line. It is also planned to have save editor support, although it will just be a port of the save editor here.
My code is also more readable in my opinion ;)

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Most likely. Until then this won't help much with Switch users unless a fusee save payload is released or they are able to use PegaSwitch.

Mine has a UI on windows and is cross-platform in command-line. It is also planned to have save editor support, although it will just be a port of the save editor here.
My code is also more readable in my opinion ;)
Are you able to write a payload for us to dump and restore our saves with FG?

JordantheBuizel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After doing some more research with saves I realized that I wasn't converting enough of the files. I will be pushing an update soon and adding a release to fix this, my bad.

EDIT: The releases have been updated with an untested quick fix. Any testing would be greatly appreciated! (I have a latest version Switch and don't have BotW on the Wii U; I might download it soon™ to do some more reliable testing)

JordantheBuizel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seem option.sav extracted with Checkpoint does not work.
It say ''The save file you selected is not currently supported''
Oh and yeah I tried with both ''tabs''
does I miss something or use ''wrong'' save exporter ? ^^

If you don't mind could you send your save game folder to me? I only was guessing with reading headers of switch saves and it looks like I guessed wrong.

Reactions: Baoulettes

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
If you don't mind could you send your save game folder to me? I only was guessing with reading headers of switch saves and it looks like I guessed wrong.
it just .sav do you need anything files with it ?
Do you need folder picture book?
Sorry for delay I had not my Usb->Micro SD here :)

Attachments

• option.zip
    306.6 KB · Views: 280

JordantheBuizel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it just .sav do you need anything files with it ?
Do you need folder picture book?
Sorry for delay I had not my Usb->Micro SD here :)

Thanks a lot for this. I'm pushing the update for this as soon as I'm finished. Until more saves from varying game versions is available, I only can guess the game versions based on existing source code (The current assumption seems to be that your save is from v1.3.0 of BotW). After I update it, my program will instead try to guess it, if it fails it will ask the user if they want to use it anyways and then if so convert it.

EDIT:
I will also not be adding save editing as the online save editor I was going to port from anyways already supports Switch saves. It seems pointless in my opinion to remake something that already works fine ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1