ROM Hack WIP BotW Save Manager - Cross-platform command-line - Windows-only UI

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks a lot for this. I'm pushing the update for this as soon as I'm finished. Until more saves from varying game versions is available, I only can guess the game versions based on existing source code (The current assumption seems to be that your save is from v1.3.0 of BotW). After I update it, my program will instead try to guess it, if it fails it will ask the user if they want to use it anyways and then if so convert it.

EDIT:
I will also not be adding save editing as the online save editor I was going to port from anyways already supports Switch saves. It seems pointless in my opinion to remake something that already works fine ;)
Can you add hearts or stamina to your save editor the online one doesn’t allow for this

JordantheBuizel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you add hearts or stamina to your save editor the online one doesn’t allow for this

Hmm... I can look into it I guess, but skimming the source code of that site there isn't data on the offsets for that info. I was going to directly port that site's backend code until that project became fruitless. Unless I can get lucky and find that offset, which is doubtful at best, I'm not adding any save editing capabilities to my application. Sorry.

Reactions: Naked_Snake

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
Thanks a lot for this. I'm pushing the update for this as soon as I'm finished. Until more saves from varying game versions is available, I only can guess the game versions based on existing source code (The current assumption seems to be that your save is from v1.3.0 of BotW). After I update it, my program will instead try to guess it, if it fails it will ask the user if they want to use it anyways and then if so convert it.

EDIT:
I will also not be adding save editing as the online save editor I was going to port from anyways already supports Switch saves. It seems pointless in my opinion to remake something that already works fine ;)

Just so you know even that website does not recognize that save as valid :)
maybe I have a quite ''weird'' game.
day one game (physical card) and first DLC update. (switch 3.0.0 :P )
No idea why there is that much difference in game saves from versions

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Also I'm messing with my saves (cause that's possible now :lol:) and you can just give yourself a bunch of spirit orbs and max out both hearts and stamina
No you can’t I have full hearts and as much stamina as the game would allow edited 120 spirit orbs back on and the statue tells me I can’t do any more

JordantheBuizel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so you know even that website does not recognize that save as valid :)
maybe I have a quite ''weird'' game.
day one game (physical card) and first DLC update. (switch 3.0.0 :P )
No idea why there is that much difference in game saves from versions

For some reason your game_save.dat files are the wrong filesize and the website checks if the header matches the filesize. In fact, your filesize matches none of the filesizes its supposed to be which is super strange. This may or may not matter, but what language is the game?

EDIT: You might be best just to post an issue here with your savegame uploaded and see if someone that has a lot more experience with saves knows what's up.

I’ve hex edited more hearts so I have 60 I just don’t know the where stamina is located to edit that

Got those offsets/hashes for you ;)
https://github.com/marcrobledo/savegame-editors/issues/30

Last edited by JordantheBuizel,

Jalink9406

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I extracted my WiiU save to convert and inject on my Switch (as soon as my USB cable and jig come in the mail) but I noticed that after extracting there are separate folders for my album pictures and the compendium pictures. If I just take the .sav and convert it and inject it, will I lose my compendium pictures or are they included too inside the .sav? Thanks for the help.

JordantheBuizel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I extracted my WiiU save to convert and inject on my Switch (as soon as my USB cable and jig come in the mail) but I noticed that after extracting there are separate folders for my album pictures and the compendium pictures. If I just take the .sav and convert it and inject it, will I lose my compendium pictures or are they included too inside the .sav? Thanks for the help.

Both the origin application and my fork only touch files with the *.sav extension. To clarify, after converting the *.sav and copying it to the injector, the injector will copy all files in a folder to the save directory. All album pictures and other files should copy over.

Last edited by JordantheBuizel,

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
For some reason your game_save.dat files are the wrong filesize and the website checks if the header matches the filesize. In fact, your filesize matches none of the filesizes its supposed to be which is super strange. This may or may not matter, but what language is the game?

EDIT: You might be best just to post an issue here with your savegame uploaded and see if someone that has a lot more experience with saves knows what's up.

Language is English with voice as Japanese.
version 1.3.0 DLC ver 2.0.
here the card screen I will post these details in that place you sent me :)

oh and in case that matters here the card itself :
mxN0hpK.jpg

uhl2KIu.jpg

<-- Funny that dust over the card I do not see it Oo that when I seen the picture I was shocked how dirty it was.-->

Last edited by Baoulettes,

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Got those offsets/hashes for you ;)
https://github.com/marcrobledo/savegame-editors/issues/30
Cheers pal I’ll have a look later today (AU) it’s still early here

iteacha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't work for me. When I try to open the save it says 'Cannot find switch version from save. If you would like to attempt to use this file anyways, select Yes.'

so I selected 'Yes' anyways and it converted successfully, but when I try to edit the save with marcrobledo's Zelda BOTW save editor. It says 'Invalid savegame file'

P.S.
My Switch is 5.0.2, Zelda BOTW 1.5.0 and I tried to export my BOTW save with both CheckPoint and Y'allAreNUTs but both the saves from these save manager still not accepted by the save editor.

Last edited by iteacha,

JordantheBuizel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't work for me. When I try to open the save it says 'Cannot find switch version from save. If you would like to attempt to use this file anyways, select Yes.'

so I selected 'Yes' anyways and it converted successfully, but when I try to edit the save with marcrobledo's Zelda BOTW save editor. It says 'Invalid savegame file'

P.S.
My Switch is 5.0.2, Zelda BOTW 1.5.0 and I tried to export my BOTW save with both CheckPoint and Y'allAreNUTs but both the saves from these save manager still not accepted by the save editor.

See the below quote from the OP.

This tool is useless if all you want to do is edit your save, the following link can directly edit Switch saves without any conversion: https://www.marcrobledo.com/savegame-editors/zelda-botw/

IF you do plan on using it on a Wii U, archive the folder and send it here and I will look at it. Otherwise for save editing there is no conversion required.

iteacha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi JordantheBuizel, I forgot to mention that I also tried to edit the save right away without conversion, but the save editor from marcobledo still not accept my save file. so.. anyone who managed their BOTW's save successfully.. which method did you export the save files? because I exported the save files with CheckPoint and Y'allAreNUTs and the files won't be accepted by marcobledo.

JordantheBuizel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi JordantheBuizel, I forgot to mention that I also tried to edit the save right away without conversion, but the save editor from marcobledo still not accept my save file. so.. anyone who managed their BOTW's save successfully.. which method did you export the save files? because I exported the save files with CheckPoint and Y'allAreNUTs and the files won't be accepted by marcobledo.

You need to use game_data.sav in one of the numbered folders. Otherwise if it still doesn't work and IF YOU ARE SURE IT IS THE RAW SAVE FILE DIRECTLY FROM THE SWITCH I recommend you create an issue here with your save file and hopefully the can help you fix your issue: https://github.com/marcrobledo/savegame-editors/issues

This is not an issue with my program and converting it to a different format has more potential for harm than good if you just want to edit your switch save.

reinaldox_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello! i used savemii on my wiiu to get my save data in version 1.4 of the game. I cant convert it. the software says is converted, but when i check it in the savegame editor online, is still showing up as a wiiu version. is not compatible with the v1.4? if you need it, i can pm you with the save data. thank you so much for your time!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok, i used the old version with the .exe file and worked like a charm. this UI version is not working at all with the v1.4 save file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU