1. Nazosan

Nazosan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You're on firmware 9.x aren't you? Old homebrew like this no longer can accept joycon input because it hasn't been updated to use the new input API. Unfortunately that means homebrew like this that never receive any updates will all be useless in the future. Some can be finagled a bit using touch input, but I don't believe this is one of those.

skinnyBIGGS likes this.
  2. awankelam

awankelam Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Please make korok seed to be editable

3. Nazosan

United States
    This software is no longer in development.

Search for the web editor. It can do a lot more, even if it is a tad more work to use.

4. skinnyBIGGS

skinnyBIGGS Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Yeah i already know about that but this was easier as all i want was 999 arrows lol.. the webbased way is just too much effort comsidering how many times you would have to do those steps.. not worth it... wish someone would pick up the ball as this app was EPIC i wish i knew programming id give it a go.. anyways thats for your input friend

5. Nazosan

United States
    Honestly, I think everyone would love it if someone did pick this up, but with zero input from the author I'm guessing that anyone wanting to would have to completely start over from scratch to do that. BotW is no longer terribly high in the priority lists of modders and homebrew editor designers. Plus EdiZon does a little bit of this sort of thing now (it didn't back then) and most people are satisfied with that even though it lacks any sort of fine control (it's pretty much all or nothing with it.)

What we really need is some sort of generic save editor functionality in something (Checkpoint or EdiZon I guess) where a configuration file (XML or whatever) could actually tell it what addresses to modify and in what ways are possible and it actually provide the user with controls over those modifications instead of just an all or nothing kind of thing. Unfortunately, that's way out of the scope of this thread.

Ningyoplug and skinnyBIGGS like this.
  6. awankelam

awankelam Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Which web editor? Can you send me the web's link? I've tried that suchkind web editor but end up with corrupted save data when I inject & restore the save data. Though I just want have fully unlocked inventory size. Someone can help me to give me cheat or something due to inventory size?

7. Required

Required Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Does this work with switch versions?

8. Nazosan

United States
    It doesn't really work with anything right now since it was abandoned long ago, but yes, it was made for the Switch.

Oh, I'm sorry. I saw this e-mail while at work so couldn't respond then. I thought it was relatively easy to find via a google search, but either way, here is the URL: https://www.marcrobledo.com/savegame-editors/zelda-botw/

Despite being a web-based editor, it is open sourced, so presumably you can download the source and run it on a local server, but, sadly, it won't be much more convenient that way. Still, I guess unlike the .exe editors at least it's multi-platform? But then so is something like Python or Java.

Last edited by Nazosan, Feb 21, 2020
  9. skinnyBIGGS

Newcomer

Canada
    Works with fw 8.0.1 and below. Worked great until then ... great app to

10. J0n0

J0n0 Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Is there a wii u version?
    And can i edit flags set ingame with it?
    (For example the flag who is set if i start ganon bossfight)

11. skinnyBIGGS

Newcomer

Canada
    The website will work with wiiu and nintendo switch saves but as for FLAGS im not too sure you can manipulate that but im not certain hope you find your answer mate

12. J0n0

J0n0 Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Can you make this for wii u also?
    Would love it!!

13. ehabtanta

ehabtanta Newbie
    Newcomer

Egypt
    is there a vase game editor for zelda link awakening ?? thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted