BotW Possible to force blood moons?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by Casis, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Casis
    OP

Casis I'm no hero, but I try to help when I can.

Apr 11, 2016
    United States
    Is it possible to force blood moons with a push of a button? Like making a third party program on the computer that connects to your Wii U's IP and enabling a code that triggers a blood moon? That would be helpful!

2. kolosus

kolosus GBAtemp Regular

Jul 14, 2010
    United States
    Dont those annoying things come often enough? Kill a bunch of high level enemies. The probability of the blood moon goes up more.

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  3. Casis
    OP

Apr 11, 2016
    United States
    To me and other people, they aren't annoying. I actually get happy when there's a blood moon because EVERYTHING respawns: monsters, animals, plants, fruits, weapons(mainly the weapons I enjoy) so farming ingredients and other things would be easier and I get to fight mini bosses more, which I do for loot. Not sure if you can tell but I'm the kind of guy who loves looting stuff in games for my benefit. Like I love to loot. I'm loot crazy. That's another reason why I played Dying Light.

4. kolosus

kolosus GBAtemp Regular

Jul 14, 2010
    United States
    IDK. It seems to always happen while I'm on my way some place and I just killed a bunch of enemies behind me. Then bam. Blood moon. My flank is covered in enemies again. So annoying. I have noticed though that if you kill high level enemies on consecutive blood moons they seem to respawn with better weapons. Each their own I guess.

Saiyan Lusitano and TheVinAnator like this.
  5. Casis
    OP

Apr 11, 2016
    United States
    I want to laugh at that enemies spawning right after you killed them comment, but I know how that feels so ouch. And honestly I believe it's a mix between random chance and/or how many divine beasts you have freed. Like the Rusty/Travelers/Knight/Royal Swords and Spears, for example. The more divine beasts you freed the higher the chance of being a better quality weapon, and I never realized that until after I beat the game. Pretty sure this applies to other weapons too.

6. flashkraker

flashkraker Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2012
    United States
    Texas
    Casis likes this.
  7. Casis
    OP

Apr 11, 2016
    United States
  8. nando

nando GBAtemp Addict

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    i got 3 blood moons in a row retrieving the blue flame in akkala. the third moon happen immediately after the second, daylight didn't even break.

took a lightning rod to the top of the hill and equip the rod - as soon as i equipped it the red moon happened. i did it three times.

9. Casis
    OP

Apr 11, 2016
    United States

I have read that from somewhere, except it was in Hateno and the person wrote bad instructions. I already set up the Akkala lab so I can get upgrades from it and stuff, but I don't think I was successful in getting a blood moon. I think it might be dumb luck but just in case, could you perhaps write down what you did exactly in detail?

10. Felek666

Felek666 Archdemon | #AMDForever

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    It's easy to trigger.
    Dueling Peaks stable, eliminate everything on your path.
    Talk to guy, if he keeps saying about Crescent Moon or other moon formations, kill more mobs then teleport back to Dueling Peaks stable, sleep and talk to him again.
    If he says something like "Something's interesting is going to happen tomorrow" or "Blood Moon is coming, i can sense it" then sleep till morning and wait out.
    It will happen near 21:00-0:00.

flashkraker likes this.
  11. Casis
    OP

Apr 11, 2016
    United States
    I'm pretty sure I can skip the part of fast travelling to the Stable over and over to talk to that guy, and just sleep in a bed. I have had blood moons occur over night while I would sleep in the house you eventually buy in Hateno. Thank you for taking the time to post, though! All help is always appreciated regardless.

12. flashkraker

flashkraker Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2012
    United States
    Texas
    This actually should work.

13. Casis
    OP

Apr 11, 2016
    United States
    Okay I'll give it a try.

14. UltraDolphinRevolution

UltraDolphinRevolution GBAtemp Regular

Jul 30, 2016
    Gambia, The
    After 150h+ I go from one mini boss to another so I welcome blood moons (even though I sometimes happen to find new locations and mini bosses). Too bad there isn't more variation in terms of mini bosses though.

15. Casis
    OP

Apr 11, 2016
    United States
    That would probably be possible in future DLC.

16. UltraDolphinRevolution

UltraDolphinRevolution GBAtemp Regular

Jul 30, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Well, it wasn't mentioned by Nintendo though. I also find it strange that I have to rescue the same truffle-seeking NPC. Seems like there are only 3 versions or so of this event. Would be nice to have more variety. In Skyrim there is a fun rescue mission (in one of the groups u can join) which is randomly generated every time you start it: You have to rescue a certain person from bandits.
    In Zelda games only shooting galleries and similar mini games can be repeated indefinitely (well except in Majora's Mask due to the nature of the game).

17. Casis
    OP

Apr 11, 2016
    United States
    Yes! The idea of random encounters would be very beautiful. Like in Red Dead Redemption!

18. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Want a blood moon? Just play a while, those things constantly pop up.

19. Casis
    OP

Apr 11, 2016
    United States
    I have had a few occur before, but I would like to know a way to get one WHENEVER I want.