Borderlands DLC info leaked

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Guild McCommunist, Aug 6, 2010.

Aug 6, 2010
  1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Borderlands isn't done with its downloadable content yet, and a user digging into the latest PC patch found hints of what's to come. A poster on the Gearbox forum (via Giant Bomb) found details buried in the code, involving a rebellious ninja Claptrap who creates an army from spare parts. Enemies are said to include Claptrap versions of various menaces from the game, including Grunts, Midgets, Kamikazes, Rakks, and Turrets. More enemy and plot details follow at the link, for those interested in possible spoilers.

No mention was uncovered regarding pricing or a release date for the content, but the veracity of the user's findings was confirmed in an IGN interview with Gearbox head Randy Pitchford. "There are a few things in there," he said. "But I think it's like reading a draft of a script for a movie that hasn't even been announced yet, let alone launched - yeah you might learn something, but it's not the real thing and it could just drive you crazy thinking about it."

Pitchford jokes that knowing users will comb over new content so carefully might encourage the developer to tease the audience. "Seeing that this happened does make me want to hide some super juicy secrets in the DLC, though. If we do, we'll be sure to hide them really good, though, so it takes more than a day to find them."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<a href="http://www.1up.com/news/borderlands-patch-leaks-dlc-details" target="_blank">Source</a>

This is copy/pasted from the post in the Gearbox forum and Gearbox has acknowledged that this is true:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

<a href="http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=108873" target="_blank">Source</a>

This looks awesome. Mad Moxxi's was such a weak DLC but the rest have been awesome. Looks like it'll be like Secret Armory. I'd get this day one.

2. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    *yawn* people actually still play this?
    It was awesome, but after I finished the story for the first time it wasn't that great of a game anymore, I couldn't even be arsed to play the DLC.

3. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Then you're not playing this right. I'm more than glad to play through the game several times. One playthrough can easily take 20 hours, plus doing it with all the classes and doing multiple playthroughs to reach the level cap equates to hundreds of hours of game time. I love it.

4. snico1995

Member snico1995 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ahh i usually wait for games to go down to $20 before i buy them but this game is soo tempting me, i might buy it even though i know i will have no time to play it

5. DarkCrudus

Member DarkCrudus The Ghost

United States
    =D YES! Borderlands is a great game! and this sounds fantastic!

6. IBNobody

Member IBNobody I try to keep myself amused.

United States
    I figured this was coming - you never get to kill a Claptrap in the main game.

7. geminisama

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    Ahhhh, I was wondering about the significance of the Ninja Claptrap in the credits.

8. worlok375

Member worlok375 GBAtemp's prince

United States
    Awesome, I was wondering when they would say the next dlc is coming (again...they had already confirmed a fourth).

I actually liked mad moxxi's dlc...it added a bank and me and my friends love doing the tournaments.