Hacking Borderlands 2 on Vita (*.ini file)

Maverick81PL

OP
Trophies
Website
teammaverickone.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Poland
I have BL2 and almost all DLC's, but it's patched to latest 1.09 and cannot be dumped. Delete data = delete all dlc also.

Just delete all data (game and DLC). Then install same game (dumped file *.vpk) and download DLC. (Work only with cartridge game)

Maverick81PL

OP
Trophies
Website
teammaverickone.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Poland
Very strange behavior. How it's using encrypted dlc...
I think when You download and install DLC Vita encrypt some files. That's why we must decrypt *.xxx from beginning before patch apply...

Maybe DLC from this game works like save file? Who knows...
But is works fine ;-)

Last edited by Maverick81PL,

Dr_Quake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I think when You download and install DLC Vita encrypt some files. That's why we must decrypt *.xxx from beginning before patch apply...

Maybe DLC from this game works like save file? Who knows...
But is works fine ;-)

Probably it works like independend app, but no app. And have own encryption/decryption keys and appid, only with access from other app(original BL2). That's why we can dump, but cant run.

I sometimes feel like I was the only one who played Vita Borderlands 2 and actually enjoyed it as it was..

BL2 is rly ripoff of BL1 by the lore. So fun is very limited. Less humor and personality.

D

Deleted User

care to share your methodology, or at least your decryption method for the .xxx files?

Update: I've done a fair bit of research, and it seems the files are stored as LZO archives as "LZO-1X" but I can't find the settings file. "WillowGame.xxx" doesn't contain the settings file, just finished a search for the key header used for all unreal .ini files "[WillowGame]" but no signs, I DID however find a name table file. if you won't release a tutorial or anything of the sort, can you at least drop me a hint on where i should be looking?

Last edited by ,
Reactions: LongTimeLurker

Eyesenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maverick81PL any progress on this with the 1.09+DLC Dump

OK First Fix for this game is in DLC, Remember this broken section in DLC (No Trophy Here):
View attachment 63192
Now this looks like This:
View attachment 63193
And Trophy for this region:
View attachment 63194 View attachment 63195

When we fix rest of issues we publish patch. But we have long way to go...
Three Settings Update will be post with patch. Some way custom settings don't work with updated game files from DLC :-/ We think DLC have own settings file...

On LOW settings game have stable 30 FPS but looks like crap...
On MEDIUM, FPS is 28-30 and have some issues with Bloom
On HIGH (Without shadows) is 25-28 FPS
On HIGH (With Static Terrain Shadows) is 20-23 FPS

So we try find some compromise between graphics ans FPS.
Also we try import small DLC from PS3 version. First will be new head for character. If this will work then maybe we or someone convert other missing DLC :-D
But this will happens when we will get latest update 1.09. For now we work on 1.07 :-(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

We use *.ini file to adjust graphics and effects in game.
To fix game we use own tools ;-)

Last edited by Eyesenish,
Reactions: CymraegAce

uknown777

Trophies
XP
Country
Hm if you're looking for a compromise between graphics and performance, would it be possible to disable the black outlines? because on the PC version the black lines/black borders around characters and terrain use up a lot of resources causing the game to lag a lot and if you remove that people would get a really nice FPS boost, so if you're able to do that you could potentially keep textures at high with static shadows and maybe even some basic lighting effects and keep the game at 25-30 fps.

D

Deleted User

Hm if you're looking for a compromise between graphics and performance, would it be possible to disable the black outlines? because on the PC version the black lines/black borders around characters and terrain use up a lot of resources causing the game to lag a lot and if you remove that people would get a really nice FPS boost, so if you're able to do that you could potentially keep textures at high with static shadows and maybe even some basic lighting effects and keep the game at 25-30 fps.
the correct term for "black lines" is cel shading, just wanted to let you know

Last1SiN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
...to make it again 15FPS?
Are you sure you have a reason to conversate it?
First - learning is good.
Second - i like that game, and i'd be happy to play it some new way, new experience.
Third - if you read this thread carefully, you should know what actual fps we could get with differnet settings. 15 fps? Of course this is not what i want to achieve, and this is the reason to know what, and how to do, from a more experienced person.
Edit: i've learned to extract .xxx, now going to make it clear with actual modding, no sense of the next step, but i hope anyone else got interested on that)

Last edited by Last1SiN,

Dr_Quake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
1. Repeat is not good, nothing new. I've seen many mods of UE ini files. all the same.
2. New way - which one you mention? There is no way to adapt binaries from other DLC's from other platforms to Vita, for example.
3. Well, i'm not trying to stop you, it's always fun to do #1 for first time.
4. Modding , well, the only needed thing, but BL2 too weak compared to BL1 and i dont wanna replay it now after completing on PC, unlike BL1.

Last1SiN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
1. Repeat what? It's the first time for me, and that is the reason on asking for some help.
Vita scene is growing, because someone learning something. And everything you've seen about UE ini modding has never been here. It's a big possibilities, for anyone who want to get them.
2. The way the game looks and feels.
Fixing some bugs, if possible. Some realy big one's are still present. (Hyperius Minions spawn amount)
3. So why so much argueing on someones question?)
4. BL1 isn't on the vita, so no need to compare.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh