Hacking Borderlands 2 on Vita (*.ini file)

BasedIndex

splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
Folks I saw a fight with AI botz mode for this game's PC version is it possible to port it to Vita version ?
Technically yes, as UE3 stores all of the scripts in xxx archives and references them from ini. Problem is there's no good extractor for the vita UE games. For instance umodel extracts "garbage" textures, I've asked developer if they'd add support for us but they just replied that it's impossible because it uses some custom armature packaging code. We are left with UE cooked packages that have no tools so you're out of luck for now.

edit: gildor
62bb208003.png

Last edited by BasedIndex,
Reactions: ali_ihsan21

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
Technically yes, as UE3 stores all of the scripts in xxx archives and references them from ini. Problem is there's no good extractor for the vita UE games. For instance umodel extracts "garbage" textures, I've asked developer if they'd add support for us but they just replied that it's impossible because it uses some custom armature packaging code. We are left with UE cooked packages that have no tools so you're out of luck for now.

edit: gildor
62bb208003.png

Thank you for explanation.

Clausioporosis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, the tutorial may happen later when I can find some time so you can create your own balance of graphics/frame rate. The file I uploaded is the lowest possible config I could get without crashing just to prove how manf fps we can get. But its really only 60fps in places like the beginning like claptraps place when your just walking around and shooting a bit. Generally its 25-40fps when in larger areas, but sancturary still drops ALOT down to 15-25fps. The port overall doesn't seem to be optimized very well, and the the only way to fix those problems are if we are able to change settings like texture filtering, texture quality, and resolution (the 3 main factors to fps as far as I know with BL2).
And remember, use Oclcokvita plugin! Its the real dealb breaker, you can find it here (https://github.com/frangarcj/oclockvita/releases)

Did you already made a tutorial? If not can you tell me what tools you used for the .bin and xxx. files?

BasedIndex

splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
Anyone owns BL2 and is willing to test a little something for, well anyone who wants to get more fps?
Follow these steps:
  1. Install framecounter plugin http://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/231
  2. You have to have access to eboot.bin, make a backup of it (copy and rename eboot.bin.bak and store it somewhere safe)
  3. Test your preferred area ingame, remember that area for future comparison. (PS+Start to screenshot, stored at ux0:/PICTURES/SCREENSHOTS)
  4. On PC open eboot.bin with HxD software or use https://hexed.it/ to replace C003000020020000 value stored ~at 0x0011337c0 or 0x1132780 or somewhere near that address, value you are replacing it with is D002000098010000 , which is resolution that most of vita 3d action games are rendered at.
  5. if game is launched with correct scaling(eg. Image is not cut by the edge of the screen and vice versa.) load up the same area as before and make a few screenshots again.
All of this is from https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/...matic_psp_game_fixes_force_unleashed/dispktg/
Cheers.

Last edited by BasedIndex,

Clausioporosis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anyone owns BL2 and is willing to test a little something for, well anyone who wants to get more fps?
Follow these steps:
  1. Install framecounter plugin http://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/231
  2. You have to have access to eboot.bin, make a backup of it (copy and rename eboot.bin.bak and store it somewhere safe)
  3. Test your preferred area ingame, remember that area for future comparison. (PS+Start to screenshot, stored at ux0:/PICTURES/SCREENSHOTS)
  4. On PC open eboot.bin with HxD software or use https://hexed.it/ to replace C003000020020000 value stored ~at 0x0011337c0 or 0x1132780 or somewhere near that address, value you are replacing it with is D002000098010000 , which is resolution that most of vita 3d action games are rendered at.
  5. if game is launched with correct scaling(eg. Image is not cut by the edge of the screen and vice versa.) load up the same area as before and make a few screenshots again.
All of this is from https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/...matic_psp_game_fixes_force_unleashed/dispktg/
Cheers.

The resolution changed but it's crashing after a second

Update: It kind of fucced up my game... still crashing after replacing with the original eboot.bin

Attachments

• 2017-06-15-212633.jpg
    2017-06-15-212633.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 479
Last edited by Clausioporosis,

Clausioporosis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I assume binary wrote resolution values into coalesced.bin. Try replacing that one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
yay it worked - I made some pics too (I replaced the game comlete thanks to my backup folder)

but the real reason im interested in editing the .ini is because i want to re-enable the corpses...any idea how ?

Attachments

• PicsArt_06-15-11.21.14.png
    PicsArt_06-15-11.21.14.png
    158.7 KB · Views: 864
  • PicsArt_06-15-11.23.57.png
    PicsArt_06-15-11.23.57.png
    276.6 KB · Views: 870
  • PicsArt_06-15-11.25.17.png
    PicsArt_06-15-11.25.17.png
    245.5 KB · Views: 835
  • PicsArt_06-15-11.29.17.png
    PicsArt_06-15-11.29.17.png
    231.8 KB · Views: 805
  • PicsArt_06-15-11.35.46.png
    PicsArt_06-15-11.35.46.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 794
  • PicsArt_06-15-11.36.43.png
    PicsArt_06-15-11.36.43.png
    279.8 KB · Views: 797
Reactions: BasedIndex

BasedIndex

splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
yay it worked - I made some pics too (I replaced the game comlete thanks to my backup folder)

but the real reason im interested in editing the .ini is because i want to re-enable the corpses...any idea how ?
I'm pretty sure that config files, unlike packages, can be decrypted with PC tools so I'd try software located at nexusmods.

BasedIndex

splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia

Clausioporosis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

BasedIndex

splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
looks like I cant use this because i dont have a .ini file since it's a .bin

-- I tried to change the Ragdoll settings in the "Coalesced_DEU.bin" with HxD editor but it chrashes right at the beginning
I don't have BL2 but I think you'll have to unpack it first. Try asking @AllShamButNoWow_ since they were able to modify some of the graphics settings.

Clausioporosis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't have BL2 but I think you'll have to unpack it first. Try asking @AllShamButNoWow_ since they were able to modify some of the graphics settings.

I wrote him alrady but he wansn't online since 7. june... he wanted to made a tutorial but im kinda impatient haha

And you cant unpack the "Coalesced_***.bin" i already tried it
it seems like it is just a txt file

(and I was able to change some setting like turning off cell shading and it worked - but you can just write in the "00" places or it crashes)

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
Is that whole hype is to revive the corpse ? Its a huge game guys, I bet you will find new enemies, leave the dead on the ground.

Do you watch too much "The Walking Dead" ?

BasedIndex

splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
Is that whole hype is to revive the corpse ? Its a huge game guys, I bet you will find new enemies, leave the dead on the ground.

Do you watch too much "The Walking Dead" ?
I don't get where you're coming from but
I don't have BL2
I'm trying to help the guy, also possibly reduce some post processing in the future, when I do get the game. It's not about corpses but modifying config files.

Last1SiN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
You can unpack Coalesced_INT.bin (disable "read-only" attribute, after copying it to PC) by drag-n-drop it to Coalescer.exe in attached archive.
Created directory (same place as Coalesced_INT.bin located) will contain original UE3 config folder structure, with all the ini files to edit.
After editing, do not forget to change file-size, stored in NGPTOC.txt(disable "read-only" attribute, after copying it to PC)it is located in WillowGame folder.
Also get read-only attribute back after making changes(repack Coalesced_INT folder by drag-n-drop it to Coalescer.exe, new Coalesced_INT.bin will be created in the same folder, so move your original Coalescer_INT.bin somewhere else, or just rename it)
Sorry for any grammar mistakes. ;)

Attachments

• XComAndroidTools.zip
    62.5 KB · Views: 356
Last edited by Last1SiN,

Clausioporosis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can unpack Coalesced_INT.bin (disable "read-only" attribute, after copying it to PC) by drag-n-drop it to Coalescer.exe in attached archive.
Created directory (same place as Coalesced_INT.bin located) will contain original UE3 config folder structure, with all the ini files to edit.
After editing, do not forget to change file-size, stored in NGPTOC.txt(disable "read-only" attribute, after copying it to PC)it is located in WillowGame folder.
Also get read-only attribute back after making changes(repack Coalesced_INT folder by drag-n-drop it to Coalescer.exe, new Coalesced_INT.bin will be created in the same folder, so move your original Coalescer_INT.bin somewhere else, or just rename it)
Sorry for any grammar mistakes. ;)
nice, i'll try it later. And it's not all about them corpses. I just really enjoy it. haha

-- i dont know what i have to change in the ini files

Last1SiN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
nice, i'll try it later. And it's not all about them corpses. I just really enjoy it. haha

-- i dont know what i have to change in the ini files
You should not. It'll crash that game shortly, not enough memory to provide particles or corpses. You might wanna try decreasing textures size, and downscale resolution, but I still think the corpses will cause a lot of crashes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I think i'm one too