BootNTR

3dsFan1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello folks, I'm trying to put a miitopia (yes, from 3ds) NTR plugin.
So yeaaaah, I don't know how to put it on the game.
It's a cartridge (idk if it's possible).
And the console is an Old 2ds.
So I know I gotta use BootNTR or something, and I DONT KNOW HOW TO USE IT.
The thing is:
1. How do I install BootNTR?
1.5. How do I use it?
2. How do I install the plugin?
I'm a 3ds noobie, sorry _:D
If you can help me, thanks.

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
What region is the cart? You can find the Title ID here.

Create a folder on your SD card:

SD:\luma\plugins\<titleid>\

Extract/copy the plg file into that folder. Given the plg format is old and probably no longer supported, this may not work anymore. You need to rename the file to default.plg or default.3gx.

Then make sure you have plugins enabled in Rosalina Menu via L+Down+Select and on that screen plugin loader should be enabled. Do this part on the 3DS Home screen.

After that, run your game and see if it works. Press Select in game to bring up the cheat menu.

3dsFan1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It's from Spain, eu
Post automatically merged:

And he said the id for every console:
00040000001B4F00

That's EU

It's from Spain, eu

00040000001B4F00

That's EU
And titleid is the folder right?

Last edited by 3dsFan1,

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
It's from Spain, eu
00040000001B4F00
That's EU

And titleid is the folder right?

Yes. You should already have the Luma folder, and possibly a plugin folder. Create a new folder inside that with the full Title ID.

So:

sd:\luma\plugins\00040000001B4F00\default.plg

or if that doesn't work

sd:\luma\plugins\00040000001B4F00\default.3gx

Like I mentioned, the plg plugin format is old now, and may no longer be supported in Luma. You will also need Luma v13 or better for this to possibly work.

Hhmmmm, I've read through the thread where the plugin is mentioned, and I'm not sure this is going to work. People have mentioned it crashes their 3DS. Give it a go, and if it crashes the 3DS, then remove the <title id> folder (and the plugin) and everything will go back to normal.

You can also use the cheats here using the ctrPluginFramework. Updated instructions here. There aren't as many cheats here, but I can always take a look in the near future and add some more. Although, I've just checked the Japanese cheats, and there's an awful lot of USA and EUR cheats in that file. Do they work? No idea, but it can't hurt to add the EUR cheats to the EUR text file and test them out.

Reactions: 4d1xlaan

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
If my O2ds crashes much times with that plugin, can it brick the console?
And how do I see if I have luma 13 or more?

Nah. I couldn't tell you how many times I've crashed my 3DS. It'd be well over 100. It will usually crash when loading the game in this case, and just keep repeating that until you remove the plugin. You could lose save data if the game crashes whilst saving, and I guess you could corrupt the micro SD card at that stage, but damage the 3DS? Unlikely.

Two options:

1/ Hold Select on start up to bring up the Luma boot menu
2/ Rosalina menu (L+Down+Select) from the home screen (works in game too)

3dsFan1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Nah. I couldn't tell you how many times I've crashed my 3DS. It'd be well over 100. It will usually crash when loading the game in this case, and just keep repeating that until you remove the plugin. You could lose save data if the game crashes whilst saving, and I guess you could corrupt the micro SD card at that stage, but damage the 3DS? Unlikely.

Two options:

1/ Hold Select on start up to bring up the Luma boot menu
2/ Rosalina menu (L+Down+Select) from the home screen (works in game too)
Ok, I will try the plugin soon.
Thanks

Also, if my 2ds bricks (I don't think so) I have a .bin band backup in my pc. How would I restore it?

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, I will try the plugin soon.
Thanks

Also, if my 2ds bricks (I don't think so) I have a .bin band backup in my pc. How would I restore it?

You're not writing to Sys Nand here, so it's not going to brick anything. Absolute worst case would be messing up the micro SD card. Even that is unlikely. The game will likely crash as you start it, before it does too much.

If that happens, delete the plugin you just copied to the SD card and the game should work fine.

Now.. Let's say if something completely drastic does happen and you do manage to brick your 2DS, you can restore it through GodMode9. Turn off 2/3DS, hold Start and turn it back on again.

Press the following:

Home <A> ->
Scripts... <A> ->
GM9Megascript <A> ->
Restore Options <A> ->
SysNAND Restore (Safe) <A>

Then follow whatever prompts are required.

If you do have to do a restore make sure your battery is fully charged and ideally plugged in to power.

3dsFan1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You're not writing to Sys Nand here, so it's not going to brick anything. Absolute worst case would be messing up the micro SD card. Even that is unlikely. The game will likely crash as you start it, before it does too much.

If that happens, delete the plugin you just copied to the SD card and the game should work fine.

Now.. Let's say if something completely drastic does happen and you do manage to brick your 2DS, you can restore it through GodMode9. Turn off 2/3DS, hold Start and turn it back on again.

Press the following:

Home <A> ->
Scripts... <A> ->
GM9Megascript <A> ->
Restore Options <A> ->

If you do have to do a restore make sure your battery is fully charged and ideally plugged in to power.
I tried the plugin.
If I put .3gx at the end, it says that is not valid. EVEN IF I AM IN LUMA V13.0.2. And if I put .plg it doesn't even read it

Press the following:

Home <A> ->
Scripts... <A> ->
GM9Megascript <A> ->
Restore Options <A> ->

If it doesn't even read the .plg, is there any app to install it?

Last edited by 3dsFan1,

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
I tried the plugin.
If I put .3gx at the end, it says that is not valid. EVEN IF I AM IN LUMA V13.0.2. And if I put .plg it doesn't even read it

If it doesn't even read the .plg, is there any app to install it?

Not that I'm aware of. I did mention that I didn't think it was going to work. I don't believe that Luma ever supported plg files, and only recently (approx 12 months ago) gained the ability to load 3gx files. The plg format is quite old now. You could ask the original author to recompile the plugin under the newer 3gx format, but that may require quite a bit more work and they may not be willing to accommodate you on that.

Get the source code would be beneficial, possibly, as it may contain the memory locations to change them to a cheat file format.

Your best bet then is to remove the <title id> folder and use the cheats I mentioned before. They're not as complete at the cheat plugin, but they'll provide some help. I'll look at expanding some of the cheats in the near future.

You can also use the cheats here using the ctrPluginFramework. Updated instructions here. There aren't as many cheats here, but I can always take a look in the near future and add some more. Although, I've just checked the Japanese cheats, and there's an awful lot of USA and EUR cheats in that file. Do they work? No idea, but it can't hurt to add the EUR cheats to the EUR text file and test them out.

3dsFan1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is
Not that I'm aware of. I did mention that I didn't think it was going to work. I don't believe that Luma ever supported plg files, and only recently (approx 12 months ago) gained the ability to load 3gx files. The plg format is quite old now. You could ask the original author to recompile the plugin under the newer 3gx format, but that may require quite a bit more work and they may not be willing to accommodate you on that.

Get the source code would be beneficial, possibly, as it may contain the memory locations to change them to a cheat file format.

Your best bet then is to remove the <title id> folder and use the cheats I mentioned before. They're not as complete at the cheat plugin, but they'll provide some help. I'll look at expanding some of the cheats in the near future.
there anything to recompile to 3gx?

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
Is

there anything to recompile to 3gx?

No idea. You'd have to ask the original author of this plugin or the author of the main CTRPF that the Miitopia plugin is based off.

DocKlokMan did post a few months back in that thread, and he mentioned he still had the source, ask them about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: :tpi: