Hacking BootMii

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gonna wait a bit before i install this.I'll let all the other people install it first and see what kind of responses come out of it before i do it.

Plus i dont mess around with making my own wad files so im not gonna get a banner brick anytime soon and i don't play out of region games.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
bugaveli said:
P.S. ios cat iz in ur wiiz watchin ur isoz
they might make sweet sys menu replacements but they cant spell, and they cant deal with piracy. If this does something bad due to usb loader then people will go nuts on them

that's just a lolcat joke.

*waits for a picture of a cat inside a wii to be posted*

I did seriously lol when i read it though.

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
ecw said:
Not sure what you mean by the buttons on the Wii. Can you explain?

Power/reset buttons.

QUOTE(DarkLG @ May 13 2009, 08:45 PM) When someone install does can you post what changes it made like homebrew channel 1.0.2 changelog??

No changelog; they say they're just bugfixes...

ecw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this can only be installed on a pre 3.4 system since the installer is an .elf file? I am on 4.0 from 3.4.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
catame.png

D

Deleted User

ecw said:
So this can only be installed on a pre 3.4 system since the installer is an .elf file? I am on 4.0 from 3.4.

One question, WTF?

The old HBC uses elf files, and the new HBC uses dol files. So what does it have to do with firmware?

Anyway, the new HBC DOES supports elf files, just that it needs to be properly coded. Likewise, this Bootmii installer is a properly coded elf file, so just rename it boot.elf.

Somedude159

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jarock said:
ecw said:
jarock said:
ecw said:

Just rename elf to dol
wink2.gif

Thanks. I thought you had to "convert" a elf to dol??

Hold on a minute I jumped the gun a little........

Just run it as boot.elf in a folder for homebrew, like you would do with a dol. The homebrew channel runs elfs fine, just not improper ones. Tested on a 4.0 (waninkoko) wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.