Hardware BootMii/Preloader wont boot HBC 1.0.6, only 1.0.3

Osama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HBC has never booted from bootmii or preloader for me. I finally got both loaders to boot HBC for me by downgrading to 1.0.3, but then I have HBC nagging me to update every time I load it up. So is there a way to get bootmii and/or preloader to boot HBC 1.0.6?

Also, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get preloader to recognize the hacks.ini file, and no, I didn't name it hacks.ini.ini, it's just hacks.ini.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't hack.ini install at the root of the Sd card, when you install preloader, since it's called JODI now. BOOTMII bannerbomb would install 1.0.6... I'm a little confused on what you're attempting to do, because it's the easiest thing since sliced beard.

Wynd

Osama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem isn't that I can't update to 1.0.6, it's that once I update to 1.0.6, neither bootmii or preloader will boot the HBC. Bootmii just goes to a black screen and preloader says something along the lines of "maybe the title isn't installed" (referring to the HBC). So the only way I can get bootmii and preloader to boot the HBC is to not update to 1.0.6.

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have the latest version of bootmii
the old bootmii pointed to the old hbc channel id haxx or something of the such
the new bootmii loads the new hbc channel id JODI update bootmii and all is solved

Osama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reinstalled bootmii through an old hackmii file that was on my sd, do I need a newer version of hackmii or does it download the latest version of bootmii from the internet to install? It's been so long since I installed this stuff I can't remember. Also, this wouldn't fix preloader's inability to boot hbc would it?

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
didnt read about preloader till after no you need to update preloader and bootmii
bootmii.org and look around for priiloader when you update both itll load the newest hbc
and no the hackmii installer doesnt download anything to install it has all files in the executable so you need to download the latest versions get rid of anything you have now if you dont stay current with these things i can understand where you can get confused

Osama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the fast help
smile.gif

I'm on 3.4U, but there aren't hacks for 3.4, is it possible to use 3.2U hacks or a different hacks file?

Osama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that I updated to the latest version of priiloader it's not even loading so I'll prolly just stick with bootmii unless you can think of why it's no longer loading...

Again, your help is much appreciated.

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i would do is update to 4.0 or 4.2 but thats me because i've had better luck but that may bring more trouble than it fixes all in all you should still be able to get everything working b/c people still with 3.2 have everything updated just to check the latest version of priiloader is 0.4

Osama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I had bootmii working on 3.4 already, the only reason I wanted priiloader was for the hacks, but I figure I'll do without them because of the risks of updating/downgrading. Thanks for your help everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello