bootmii NAND backup question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by purechaos996, May 31, 2009.

May 31, 2009
  1. purechaos996
    OP

Member purechaos996 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ok now that bootmii beat 2 and cios 12 are out and ive installed both on my wii bootmii as boot2 (launch wii FTW!) should I dump my NAND again? so that in the off chane I do get a birck (thats I cant recover from) I can have all my latest stuff as far as I know I think it would be a yes but im not sure so a simple yes I should and dont bother would be great no need to go crazy with an answer

Thanks

2. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    Why don't you copy your current nand.bin to a pc, giving it a name with the date you dumped it and then let BootMii do it's magic?

3. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You can make as many nand backups as you want. If you do anything that you wouldn't want to have to do again in the off chance you do need to do a system restore just make another backup at that state. Also keep in mind if you do do a nand restore your save files go back to how they were at that point as well so either keep your save files backed up to date as well or periodically make more full backups. It's all up to you. Having one backup at all will let you restore your wii to working condition regardless, and any more will let you restore to different configurations. I currently have 3 backups while on 3.3 and one recent one when i updated to 4.0 yesterday.

4. SenorClean

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Sounds like a good idea to me to have two... just in case something went wrong in one of the dumps.

I'd love to restore my dump to verify that it works... but am a bit scared about what would happen if it failed!

5. purechaos996
    OP

Member purechaos996 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ok thanks guys. ill probably rename them to the date thats a good idea lol

Thanks again

6. emachine

Newcomer emachine Newbie

Philippines
    i have successfully installed bootmii v2 and had a backup of my 3.2U wii. then i have just upgraded my wii into 4.0. i also want to have a backup of my 4.0 wii. question, can i use the same sd card with my 3.2 backup to create a new backup of my 4.0? will bootmii create a new file name for my 4.0 NAND or will it just overwrite the 3.2? TIA

7. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Your first backup has been saved as nand.bin
    If you make a new backup, bootmii will overwrite the old file. So copy it to your computer if you want to keep it.

8. Eddie_Brock

Member Eddie_Brock GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Once its backed up, there is an option for BootMii to verify the backup against your original NAND. Probably a good idea, it only takes an extra minute or two for that peace of mind.

9. helpme

Member helpme GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    make sure you verify as i didnt & i didnt like 4.0 so i tryed to use my nand backup & the last 3 lines were black & it said my key did not match my wii
    so i had to downgrade back to 3.2 and make a new backup which is fully working now.....

10. Toter402

Newcomer Toter402 Member

United States
    My original wii backup had no bad blocks but my current one has only four. Has anyone had trouble restoring the nand with bad blocks what would have caused a change?