Hacking BootMii NAND Backup problem

WiiThoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a nand backup in BootMii, and while it was checking the Backup, I skipped the verification, and put the SD Card in my computer to put it on my hard drive. But the nand.bin shows up as 0kb, yet it takes up space on my SD card... Does anyone know what's going on here, and if it would be okay to use this nand.bin to restore my Wii if it ever bricks?

Ltsykes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thats the problem, this is a bug on the beta v2, if you skip the verification, the NAND backup will be useless. Dont skip it, and the backup will be OK

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
iv heard of this before search for a similiar topic i would provide a link but i'm on my wii internet browser
tongue.gif

WiiThoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ltsykes said:
Thats the problem, this is a bug on the beta v2, if you skip the verification, the NAND backup will be useless. Dont skip it, and the backup will be OK
Thanks, this can be closed now.

india3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I've got something weird too. I can't see the nand.bin on my sd card, even with hidden files set to be shown, but the sd card properties shows that it only has 400 and something mb free (it's a 1 gb card) so I know the dump is there....

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
india3 said:
I've got something weird too. I can't see the nand.bin on my sd card, even with hidden files set to be shown, but the sd card properties shows that it only has 400 and something mb free (it's a 1 gb card) so I know the dump is there....
This happens to me most of the times too, the last time I got it to work I left it idle after verification for about 10 minutes.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ltsykes said:

Not sure if you can really call it a "bug" tho. With something as important as a NAND backup, wouldn't you WANT to verify that the backup is correct? I think the verify should be mandatory and TT should just remove the ability to abort the verify in the next update honestly.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda an older topic I know... but I am having this same issue now.

The backup & verification work perfectly, and I can see that the remaining space on my SD has been reduced - but I cannot see the file. Both hidden & system files are shown, and there's still nothing shown. I also tried letting it sit for 15 minutes after the verification was finished & still nothing.

I used to be able to see the file & it's the same PC, same Wii, and same SD card. I also reformatted the card several different ways and it still wont show up.

Any ideas?

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having the exact same problem. When I do a backup, all that's on my SD card afterwards is the Bootmii folder with the same files in it and that's it. No NAND.bin whatsoever and I have both Windows and Linux set to view all hidden files. Yet, it's still coming up to be half full when it's a 1GB SD card.

The only difference to my Wii since I have last created a successful backup is installing the new cIOS rev14 and updating to 4.1U with Waninkoko's updater.

Edit: Fixed problem. I created an empty nand.bin file on my SD card and did a backup. When it completed the nand.bin file shows up and is the right size.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool