1. cwstjdenobs

cwstjdenobs Sodomy non sapiens

Again proving you can't read numb nuts.

[03:16:02] bootmii works almost perfect for me (nand backup great), just my sdhc card doesn't load anymore on homebrew channel 1.0.2.
    [03:17:38] simple sd works, sdhc not. the cards contains the same files.
    [03:18:59] i've try by reformatting with the nand backup and with the pc reformat
    [03:19:43] if u need the sdhc model it's an sandisk sdhc 16gig extreme 3
    [03:19:55] it worked on hbc 1.0.1

and if you notice there's no mention of emulators not working or it breaking SDHC for anything but the HBC. If you are having that issue and are not the one who filed the bug report I linked to then sign up on there and confirm it and help towards fixing it instead of just whinging and not doing anything to help

2. BrandonG777

BrandonG777 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Like I said EVERYONE GO INSTALL IT. I was lying it really works perfectly, not one single bug.

Now go pick a fight with someone else and grow up.

BTW, I use the same nick for my bug reports as I do on here.

3. cwstjdenobs

So post it in the bug I linked to, confirm the bug, and get people wanting to fix it. It's more likely the homebrew uses the HBCs IOS by default, have you tried downgrading the HBC to 1.01?

4. Jacobeian

Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    SDHC support is BUILD IN application (via libogc), this does not magically disappear when you install BootMii

However, IF you installed BootMii as IOS(254) and IF the application reload that particular IOS, yes, maybe this can broke a lot of things (since libogc applications are not compatible with Mini/Bootmii) This can happen when DVDX is started by apps (depending on the DVDX installation you choose)

5. cwstjdenobs

If you try to load IOS254 from an app (or set it as your system menu IOS in preloader) it launches bootmii.

Try this

CODE#include
    #include
    #include
    #include

int main(int argc, char **argv)
    {
    ÂÂÂÂint ret = IOS_ReloadIOS(254);
    ÂÂÂÂreturn 0;
    }

That will launch bootmii. Anyone wants to make a channel heres the dol http://www.mediafire.com/file/mmzwinztg1l/template.dol

6. BrandonG777

BrandonG777 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I did post it, that's why I said i post bugs under the same name. And as I said yes I did downgrade it works but the individual apps don't. The guy that wrote ftpii is the only one who fixed his app so far that I know of.

7. cwstjdenobs

Brandon, you haven't posted on the relevant bug report, there's no comments on coreduo0099s bug report and no votes for it. You think this is a bug with BootMii, but you're commenting on a totally different bug in the Homebrew Channel section, a known bug that's been worked on. I'm not having any problems so can't comment, but if you vote for and comment on the other bug, give them some info about your setup, you can help fix this for anyone else in the future.

But seriousley, a installing a boot2 wad from a game (Twilight Princess has it) and deleting IOS254 with ATD will fix your problem if it is BootMii related.

EDIT:
    Oh, and some apps don't like how BootMii Backup formats the SD card, I had a few not like my 8GB SDHC card until I reformated it (error -1)

8. Teh H4rRy

Teh H4rRy GBAtemp Regular

I installed BootMii but only as Boot2, what does the IOS actually do? I already had homebrew channel installed with Twilight hack and upgraded with nintendo to 4.1E Do i need the IOS? is it useful?

9. nabster92

nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You don't really need the IOS version but it won't hurt to have it. All it does is allow you to get to the bootmii menu from the HBC by pressing home in it and clicking launch bootmii (provided you have the most recent HBC as well)

The boot2 install is far more useful and is all that is really needed as far as bootmii is concerned. As long as you have boot2 bootmii installed with a NAND backup from it you have all you need from it.

laz305 likes this.
  10. Sameal

Sameal Member
    Newcomer

A bit off topic, however, I was searching for this answer.

Thanks man.

11. melodical

melodical GBAtemp Regular

"A bit off topic, however, I was searching for this answer."

Me too! Thanks!

12. gravitycoil828

Newcomer

Australia
    why can i only install bootmii as a IOS and how can we change oi?

13. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    afaik, you have to have a very old wii to load as boot2. I think that's still true.

KleinesSinchen and XFlak like this.
  14. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina

Germany
    First of all: Please don't revive old topics ("necrobumping") without a good reason.

Anyway, the Wii boot process works like this:
    boot0 (hardware ROM, cannot be overwritten) verifies checksum of boot1 and loads in on success. (→ Else crash, no boot)
    boot1 verifies signature of boot2 and loads it on success. (→ Else crash, no boot)
    https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Boot_process

This signature check within boot1 has a bug that allows modifying boot2 without having a valid signature – but only on old Wii consoles.

If a Wii has the old boot1, BootMii on boot2 is possible.
    If a Wii has the new boot1, changing boot2 without proper signature is not possible (and changing boot1 is not¹ possible at all).

With the help of leaked data, a properly signed boot2 can be used to load software from SD and this could potentially be used to bring a similar protection for all Wii consoles (not the Mini lacking the SD slot if not manually soldered in). However, sharing data like that is against GBAtemp rules.

Please install BootMii as an IOS and Priiloader. If you use @XFlak's ModMii (alternatively http://wii.guide/) , everything should work like intended and Priiloader will provide a decent level of brick protection.

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited by KleinesSinchen, Nov 21, 2020
    alexander1970, XFlak and godreborn like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - BootMii, BOOT2,