bootmii help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by xGRUMPYx, Jul 23, 2011.

1. xGRUMPYx
    OP

xGRUMPYx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2011
    United States
    Huntington Park, CALIFORNIA
    I decided to install bootmii and make a nand backup, but im having a hard time how, it saids install bootmii as boot2 or install as a ios, what do i do here? to help u guys more my wii is on 4.3u And it also has priloader install, have any question i should answer let me know... THANKS!!

2. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Your Wii wasn't properly softmodded if you didn't install bootmii and make a NAND backup for step 1. Use ModMii to do a fresh softmod, which will include instructions for installing bootmii and dumping your NAND. There is a link in my signature to ModMii.

3. xGRUMPYx
    OP

xGRUMPYx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2011
    United States
    sorry i wasnt very specific, well i only installed the homebrew channel about a year ago but not bootmii, but i decided to install bootmii today, sorry for the confusion dude.

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If it says you can install as boot2 and as IOS, I suggest you do both. Install one and then the other. Answer "yes" to any prompts about preparing your SD card.

5. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    I understand that. The fact that you have the HBC and Priiloader, but not bootmii, means you don't have a proper softmod. Use ModMii to redo it.

6. xGRUMPYx
    OP

xGRUMPYx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2011
    United States
    ok, guys i install bootmii and it went through [​IMG] now i gotta make a nand backup, i have one last noob question ones im done with everything can i still use that sd card to add other personal important files??

7. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    yes
    [​IMG]