BootMii beta 2 won't boot

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by k3vin369, Jun 9, 2009.

Jun 9, 2009

BootMii beta 2 won't boot by k3vin369 at 1:25 AM (1,198 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. k3vin369
    OP

Newcomer k3vin369 Advanced Member

Canada
    So I was on BootMii beta 1 for a while, and I chose to install BootMii beta 2, because I heard it was faster. BootMii beta 1 works perfectly, no problems. However, after I installed BootMii beta 2, it doesn't boot up when I start my Wii.
    So when I click the Power button on, the Wii makes a few noises for about 3 seconds, then the blue lights flicker really quick, then it boots into the System Menu. I'm currently using System Menu 3.2U.

What I did was, I uninstalled BootMii beta 1, with the BootMii beta 2 launcher. Then I restarted the system. Next, I installed BootMii beta 2 as boot2. Restarted the system. Pressed Power button, and the buzzy noise (the kind of noise, like when you insert a game disc) goes on for about 3 seconds, then the blue lights flicker, and I'm on the health screen.

I'm not sure if this new BootMii beta 2 is suppose to do this? However, if I installed BootMii beta 1 again, it will work normally, but NAND backups take a pretty long time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. ThatDudeWithTheFood

Member ThatDudeWithTheFood TRIANGLEZ

United States
    You have to have your sd card in it when you install bootmii it puts files on your sd that it looks for when it boots

3. k3vin369
    OP

Canada
    My SD card is in when I boot up my Wii.

4. Lexip;

Member Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You have no idea what you're talking about do you?

5. Bloodlust

Member Bloodlust GBAtemp Maniac

Hong Kong
    The problem lies with the SD card. Try another one...

6. k3vin369
    OP

Canada
    Nope, I just tried another SD, 2 minutes ago.

7. Bloodlust

Hong Kong
    Well, that happened with a friend's SD card. After installing v2 I copied his bootmii folder over to my card and the menu appeared instantly upon bootup. Do you have the bootmii folder?

8. k3vin369
    OP

Canada
    Yes, the Bootmii folder is created when I install Bootmii

9. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada

i guess he doesnt

his post explains it

10. Bloodlust

Hong Kong
    That's strange then. Besides card compatibility I don't see what other factor(s) causing it. Another I can think off is use a non-SDHC card and fat16 format.

11. Javier78

Newcomer Javier78 Advanced Member

United States
    This happened to me too. I got a new SD card 2 days ago, to replace my 1 gig SD card. I copied the bootmii folder onto it, and it didn't work. Then I tried uninstalling bootmii and then reinstalling with the new card in the wii. It didn't work. I then tried to format the new card and try it again. Still, it didn't work. I think it's just the SD card. The old card is now the Wii recovery card, so it all worked out in the end.

So: Are you using the same SD card that bootmii was originally was installed to, or are you using a different one?

12. joshed

Member joshed GBAtemp Regular

United States
    mkae sure you are not using the bootmii v1 sd card files, and the bootmii v2 files instead... is this the issue?

13. Smack

Member Smack GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    check your bootmii.ini file and look for AUTOBOOT

If AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU then there is your problem. Just comment this line out with a (#) and it should default boot to BootMii.

14. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Between uninstalling beta 1 and rebooting to install beta2 did you also delete the bootmii folder off of your SD card so the installer could rewrite the files again? If you didn't try deleting the folder and having the beta 2 installer prepare the sd card again before installing beta 2, and if that doesn't work delete it again off the sd card and have the hackmii installer prepare it again after it's already installed. If that doesn't work I'd say take this problem to bootmii.org forums and talk with them about it and see if it's a bug they need to fix.

15. k3vin369
    OP

Canada
    Thanks guys, I'll try to see if they work.

EDIT:
    Okay well, I tried nabster's solution, but unfortunately, it doesn't work.
    I also tried Smack's solution, but it seems that AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU is already surrounded with #'s. eg. #AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU#