Hardware Booting laptop takes long

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A month ago or so my laptop booted in 15 seconds or less, but now it takes around 40 secs...
I already checked the configuration screen, and deleted several useless software, scanned with Ad-Aware 2007 and defragmentated a few times with the standard defragmenter, but it still takes so long....

Any help, tips?

And is there a site where you can search after program names, and then see what they do, if they are important,...?

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Buy checked the configuration screen are you saying you, click Start, Run & type msconfig? Or just looked at your system tray? If you ran msconfig then the problem is more then likely in your registry or even defragging your HD may help a little.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
quick solution, try using hibernate mode instead of booting everytime from scracth, especially if u open & close ur laptop alot. thats what i do.

slow and steady solution: try using a normal copy of windows, instead of the installed one that they gave you on a back up cd/dvd. that was my case, which i used to think my laptop is so slow but when i installed my own copy of windows xp and avoided the image of a installed XP that they gave me on a DVD, my speed went super fast. i just use that image disk for drivers.

be sure to have your hardware drives before installing your own windows, some Windows Images from laptop suppliers lets you install drivers manually, some not and you have to find them, but even if my image cd didnt have drivers, i STILL would install my own windows.

and yes, there are lots of other things that others can say, like less resident programs, less stuff on start up, etc.

hope that helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY