Homebrew BootCTR9 Pause

razer86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently completed the process to install the A9LH on my N3DSXL, and have a question about BootCTR9.

Is it possible to set it up so that if I don't press anything it auto boots (Current default behavior), however if I hold down a specified key on power on, the boot process will pause and show my chosen splash screen, and wait for a keypress to boot the chosen option? Basically the way CTRBootManager works with timeouts set to 0.

razer86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can add delay con Global options for that ;)
From what I read of the Global options, there are no key options for that. Meaning if i add a delay to Global with a splash, the 3DS will display that splash, and delay every boot, not just ones where I hold down a certain key

Bull Moose 2016

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this is a good idea. I'd be very likely to use a feature like that as well.

I just thought, though - you should be able to just configure CTRBootManager as the key you press, so you'd basically use BootCTR9 as the default, but if you held A or whatever, it would load CTRBootManager. Wouldn't that do what you're asking?

Last edited by Bull Moose 2016,

razer86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, this is a good idea. I'd be very likely to use a feature like that as well.

I just thought, though - you should be able to just configure CTRBootManager as the key you press, so you'd basically use BootCTR9 as the default, but if you held A or whatever, it would load CTRBootManager. Wouldn't that do what you're asking?
I hadn't thought of that. So it would be something like:

In boot_config.ini for BootCTR9
[KEY_SELECT]
path = /boot.3dsx

And then the boot.cfg to have a timeout of -1 to disable autoboot

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hadn't thought of that. So it would be something like:

In boot_config.ini for BootCTR9
[KEY_SELECT]
path = /boot.3dsx

And then the boot.cfg to have a timeout of -1 to disable autoboot
Well, you'd have to use the arm9 version of CTRBootManager actually; .3dsx files don't work (currently, as far as I know)

Bull Moose 2016

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you'd have to use the arm9 version of CTRBootManager actually; .3dsx files don't work (currently, as far as I know)

Yeah exactly, if you use the "arm9loaderhax.bin" from ctrbootmanager and just name it to something else, you should be able to configure it in the way you suggested.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have plans to add something lime this.
It will wait the specified time for key, if you press a key, it will load the configuration and show the splash, while resetting the timer and waiting again for a button press, if there is no it will boot the last selection if there is one it will again load a new splash and wait a moment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol