Hacking BootCTR9 a9lh.bin

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Which a9lh.bin do I need to use to be able to use BootCTR9? Normal one or Luma3DS's one? (I'm following Plailect's guide)

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know what the normal one is but if you want to boot Luma you'll use Luma's bin and if you want to boot CTR9 you'll use CTR9's bin.
I mean if you want to open your front door, you don't use you car keys...

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know what the normal one is but if you want to boot Luma you'll use Luma's bin and if you want to boot CTR9 you'll use CTR9's bin.
I mean if you want to open your front door, you don't use you car keys...
The normal one's the one you get from the data_input_v3.zip.

Noob question: where can I find the BootCTR9's a9lh fork? I can only find a zip with boot_config.ini, arm9loaderhax.bin and arm9bootloader.bin

Last edited by Hyoretsu,

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh my...
You should follow the guide to the letter and not trying to outsmart it because you obviously don't understand what you are doing.

In data_input_v3.zip you'll find the necessary files to install the payload for A9LH with SafeA9LHinstaller.
This will then allow the console to load a file named arm9loaderhax.bin on boot. This bin can be a CFW like Luma3DS or a bootlaoder like CTR9 or a software like Hourglass9.

When installing A9LH you MUST NOT alter or modify the file in data_input_v3.zip, follow the guide to the letter or you might brick.

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh my...
You should follow the guide to the letter and not trying to outsmart it because you obviously don't understand what you are doing.

In data_input_v3.zip you'll find the necessary files to install the payload for A9LH with SafeA9LHinstaller.
This will then allow the console to load a file named arm9loaderhax.bin on boot. This bin can be a CFW like Luma3DS or a bootlaoder like CTR9 or a software like Hourglass9.

When installing A9LH you MUST NOT alter or modify the file in data_input_v3.zip, follow the guide to the letter or you might brick.
Yeah, I know that if you don't follow the guide yet the letter you'll probably brick, but Luma3DS's a9lh.bin is different than the data_input_v3.zip's a9lh.bin.

But from where can I get hartmannaf's a9lh fork? (I'm going to follow the guide until I have Luma3DS+a9lh and then change from AuroraWright's to hartmannaf's)

Last edited by Hyoretsu,

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is no a9lh.bin in data_input_v3.zip. It contains firm files and the secret_sector.bin These are files necessary to install the payloads. They have nothing to do with Luma3DS.

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There is no a9lh.bin in data_input_v3.zip. It contains firm files and the secret_sector.bin These are files necessary to install the payloads. They have nothing to do with Luma3DS.
But from where can I get hartmannaf's a9lh fork to use instead of AuroraWright's one?

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But from where can I get hartmannaf's a9lh fork to use instead of AuroraWright's one?
Oh for f*** sake I had to search to understand what you meant...
If all you want is to use BootCTR9 you don't need hartmannaf A9LH fork, you just need the arm9loaderhax.bin file and configure the ini file.

Thant being said I strongly suggest you to finish the guide and see how Luma's chainload works before considering to use a boot manager.

Reactions: Zidapi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi Somebody's asking for tips.