Boot9strap updated to 1.4

After 5 years a new update for Boot9strap is available. This is what allows Boot9/Boot11 code execution on your 3DS so we are able to run unsigned code. You are able to update it with SafeB9SInstaller, with instructions below. Maybe in the eyes of Nintendo the 3DS is dead, it shows that its still alive in the homebrew community's eyes.

https://github.com/SciresM/boot9strap/releases

Boot9strap2.png

what got updated:-
Boot9/Boot11 code execution.

• Boots around 0.25s to 0.4s faster
  • Size halved, now under 16KB
  • If the ntrboot combo (X+Start+Select) is held, or if either FIRM file is corrupt, the notification LEDwill display the following:
    • SD FIRM successfully loaded: green
    • SD FIRM missing, CTRNAND FIRM successfully loaded: yellow
    • SD FIRM corrupt, CTRNAND FIRM successfully loaded: orange
    • SD FIRM missing, CTRNAND FIRM also missing: white
    • SD FIRM missing, CTRNAND FIRM corrupt: magenta
    • SD FIRM corrupt, CTRNAND FIRM also corrupt: red
    • in addition to the above, the LED will blink if it is actually a ntrboot boot
  • Ability to dump boot9/boot11/otp removed (recent Luma commits auto-backup otp.bin anyway). It's also how such improvments could be made in the first place
  • (∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚

Use SafeB9SInstaller to update it.

https://github.com/d0k3/SafeB9SInstaller/releases

1. Download boot9strap-1.4.zip and unpack it's content into a folder called boot9strap at the root of your SD card.
  2. Then, put SafeB9SInstaller for your 3DS sd card and unpack SafeB9SInstaller.firm to /luma/payloads/ on your SD card.
  3. When everything's done, boot your console with start, select SafeB9SInstaller.firm and follow the instructions on screen.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
updated just now. don't do what I originally did which was renamed the safeb9sinstaller to boot.firm, since I was using fastboot. got a black screen after installation, so I did it the normal way. no issues, but it removed fast boot, so that needs to be updated. I reshuffled my payloads to the payloads folder for easy access on this, then I'll switch back to fast boot if/once it's updated.

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
updated just now. don't do what I originally did which was renamed the safeb9sinstaller to boot.firm, since I was using fastboot. got a black screen after installation, so I did it the normal way. no issues, but it removed fast boot, so that needs to be updated. I reshuffled my payloads to the payloads folder for easy access on this, then I'll switch back to fast boot if/once it's updated.

im just about to update...... :ohnoes:

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Any real reason to run this over Fastboot 3ds or vice versa? The GM9 GitHub has Fastboot as the recommended loader, but I know the guide still has B9S so just wondering if there was something I missed as to why this is getting support over FB

i mean if things work. it works. I wouldn't mess about. but its up to you end of the day.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any real reason to run this over Fastboot 3ds or vice versa? The GM9 GitHub has Fastboot as the recommended loader, but I know the guide still has B9S so just wondering if there was something I missed as to why this is getting support over FB
I prefer fastboot myself, and I'll update back to that if the changes are added. I just enabled clock to my n3ds xl to see if dkc returns runs better. it does. before, it would have 5 periods while loading; now it only has 3. it's not as choppy as before either.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer fastboot myself, and I'll update back to that if the changes are added. I just enabled clock to my n3ds xl to see if dkc returns runs better. it does. before, it would have 5 periods while loading; now it only has 3. it's not as choppy as before either.
Do you mean improved loading times in-game? Interesting..

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't know the LED could even display half those colors.

in addition to the above, the LED will blink if it is actually a ntrboot boot
What exactly is the point to booting b9s via ntrboot? If you do ntrboot->b9s->Luma, does that mean you can get all the benefits of CFW without having to irreversibly mod the console? If you do ntrboot->b9s->Godmode9, can you dump boot9.bin? (I know ntrboot->Godmode9 is missing that functionality.)

Ability to dump boot9/boot11/otp removed (recent Luma commits auto-backup otp.bin anyway).
Is OTP necessary for anything anymore?

hamohamo

Trophies
XP
Country
the 3ds homebrew is pretty much dead tbqh. all we've been getting are updates since about a year. i still use it because there's a lot of games i need to play but in terms of anything new we ain't getting much unlike the vita which is getting new releases weekly.

• Sad
Reactions: CoolMe

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never tried fastboot, is it just a modified version of B9S with faster booting? Lol

ExperiencersInternational

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gamersinternational.wixsite.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After 5 years a new update for Boot9strap is available. This is what allows Boot9/Boot11 code execution on your 3DS so we are able to run unsigned code. You are able to update it with SafeB9SInstaller, with instructions below. Maybe in the eyes of Nintendo the 3DS is dead, it shows that its still alive in the homebrew community's eyes.

Nice! Just modded my 3DS on Saturday, so I guess I'm going to have to update B9S then. Will be updating when I have a chance to turn on my laptop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2