Hayda123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello dear community,

I bought the Switch a week ago as a gift for my daughter. Today I bought an identical SD card and wanted to clone the old card with MiniTool Wizard. At 50%, my PC shut itself down. I had to format the new SD card, the old one still had all the data and was still in exFAT format. With the RCMLoader I can no longer get into the menu (Atmosphere) for cfw with the old SD card. I plugged in the right controller a plastic piece of the RCMloader and in the charging socket the RCMLoader. Then I pressed the power button and volume button at the same time.

Please I need help, otherwise I have to pay 450€ again for another switch, thanks a lot for any help and tips

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my guess is SD card corruption, i would recommend starting over from scratch partitioning emmummc and sysnand with FAT32
and load CFW(atmosphere) from hekate

get a good understanding of what you're doing, before doing anything
https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

you'll avoid headache and overspending

and pls backup your NAND so you can flash it back in case you mess up

Reactions: Hayda123

MXRD4K1LL4

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello dear community,

I bought the Switch a week ago as a gift for my daughter. Today I bought an identical SD card and wanted to clone the old card with MiniTool Wizard. At 50%, my PC shut itself down. I had to format the new SD card, the old one still had all the data and was still in exFAT format. With the RCMLoader I can no longer get into the menu (Atmosphere) for cfw with the old SD card. I plugged in the right controller a plastic piece of the RCMloader and in the charging socket the RCMLoader. Then I pressed the power button and volume button at the same time.

Please I need help, otherwise I have to pay 450€ again for another switch, thanks a lot for any help and tips
What are the 3 first letters or numbers on the serial number (Xaw, Xkw,)

Hayda123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If I don't misunderstand I have to go to the menu to make a backup. With the copy and paste it did not work either. The switch just does not work with the cfw.

pic1.jpg

MXRD4K1LL4

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
XAJ40047######
There's half chances that switch is patched, unless you have a modchip, but anyway, as i read if it worked perfectly, that shouldn't be the problem. Unless it CAN be bricked, but we're not in that for now, Hekate file looks fine, did you formatted your sd card? (Don't forgot to copy everything in your computer)

Hayda123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I reformatted it to exFat format after copying the data incorrectly to the new SD card was on NTFS format. Maybe my system version helps which is currently 10.1.0. Normally the RCMLoader glowed blue when I entered the menu. Now it only glows white and when I press the plus it glows red.

MXRD4K1LL4

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I reformatted it to exFat format after copying the data incorrectly to the new SD card was on NTFS format. Maybe my system version helps which is currently 10.1.0. Normally the RCMLoader glowed blue when I entered the menu. Now it only glows white and when I press the plus it glows red.
Fat32 usually have better results. But did you tried to reset the RCM? (It's the official or a housemade?)

Hayda123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have pressed the button under the LED with a needle unfortunately after reset it brought nothing. Normally when I press the power button and volume + button the LED is blue. Now the switch remains black.

MXRD4K1LL4

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have tried everything. can someone tell me how to delete everything completely to install cfw again.
Not really possible if you can't access any homebrew , but you can try to reinstall, for if there was a corruption etc, but if it nothing work, it's bricked or damaged.

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Looks like you're not pushing the right payload.
led-png.151338

from https://gbatemp.net/threads/xkits-new-rcmloader-dongle-and-jig.525374/ (you can switch payload with + on the injector)

Turn your Switch off and follow the same process you describe in the first post but try injecting hekate / fusee payload from your computer with TegraRcmGUI instead of RCMLoader and see if that works with the microSD card that used to work.

aoikurayami

dysfunctionally intimidating
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Just a lil headsup to

never
ever
use exFat on *any* Switch

It's among the worst filesystems imaginable, and corrupts really easily.
Furthermore, Switches exFat Drivers are buggy.
(I doubt they fixed em)

If you wanna play ps2 or gc. Anything that oversteps 4gb, just use switch root.

These are my 2ct.. But I stopped using my V1, as I'm too stupid\lazy\inept to fix the soldering issue of my microSD Port.

I used to keep backups from my "multiboot" android\ubuntu\atmo" sdcard made via "odin"
Worked perfectly.

---

But as I said. Aside a quick savegame backup, I'll probably never use my unpatched Switch ever again...

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a lil headsup to

never
ever
use exFat on *any* Switch

It's among the worst filesystems imaginable, and corrupts really easily.
Furthermore, Switches exFat Drivers are buggy.
(I doubt they fixed em)

If you wanna play ps2 or gc. Anything that oversteps 4gb, just use switch root.

These are my 2ct.. But I stopped using my V1, as I'm too stupid\lazy\inept to fix the soldering issue of my microSD Port.

I used to keep backups from my "multiboot" android\ubuntu\atmo" sdcard made via "odin"
Worked perfectly.

---

But as I said. Aside a quick savegame backup, I'll probably never use my unpatched Switch ever again...

12TB of switch games over 31 sd cards between atmo and sxos. Never ever a single issue using exfat ever. Wish people would stop saying these bogus things….

If you are running HOMEBREW or emulators or things like that write a lot of data then exfat is an issue, but for regular switch games, saves NSP or XCI stuff exfat is perfectly fine.

aoikurayami

dysfunctionally intimidating
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
12TB of switch games over 31 sd cards between atmo and sxos. Never ever a single issue using exfat ever. Wish people would stop saying these bogus things….

If you are running HOMEBREW or emulators or things like that write a lot of data then exfat is an issue, but for regular switch games, saves NSP or XCI stuff exfat is perfectly fine.
Well. Then goodie i guess.

But that is no rule of thumb.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/whats-the-worst-that-can-happen-by-using-exfat.549100/

Just cause nothing happened for you, doesn't change the fact that the driver on switch is poorly optimized and implemented.
There are more cases of exFAT corruption than FAT32

you are running HOMEBREW or emulators or things like that write a lot of data then exfat is an issue, but for regular switch games, saves NSP or XCI stuff exfat is perfectly fine.
Yes, that is what I meant

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I have tried everything. can someone tell me how to delete everything completely to install cfw again.
Hi, ok I recommend to you:

1658520536296.png

• Put the SD Card on the console.
  • connect the RCM Loader to your computer using the micro usb cable.
  • Copy "hekate_ctcaer_5.8.0.bin" from the Hekate zip file to d:\ATMOSPHERE_HEKATE\payload.bin NOTE THE NAME ON THE RCM SHOULD BE payload.bin (assuming your RCM Loader is presented as d:\ drive)
  • remove the RCM Loader from your computer and press the RESET button on the RCM
1658520380543.png

• Then short press the "+" button and verify the led glows blue.
  • Press the power button of the Switch Console for 20 seconds.
  • put the RCM Loader on the USB-C port of the console, and the jig (the little red plastic) on the right joy-con rail.
  • Pres the VOL + of switch console and without release it short press the power button.
  • immediately keep pressed the VOL - of the console
  • Let us to know if the console boot Hekate.

Last edited by impeeza,

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, ok I recommend to you:

View attachment 319021
  • connect the RCM Loader to your computer using the micro usb cable.
  • Copy "hekate_ctcaer_5.8.0.bin" from the Hekate zip file to d:\ATMOSPHERE_HEKATE\payload.bin (assuming your RCM Loader is presented as d:\ drive)
  • remove the RCM Loader from your computer and press the RESET button on the RCM
View attachment 319020
  • Then short press the "+" button verify the led glows blue.
  • Press the power button of the Switch Console for 20 seconds.
  • put the RCM Loader on the USB-C port of the console, and the jig (the little red plastic) on the right joy-con rail.
  • Pres the VOL + of switch console and without release short press the power button.
  • immediately keep pressed the VOL - of the console
  • Let us to know if the console boot Hekate.
This is very well written and detailed with pics everybody can understand.
But given the user never said anything about it being banned or not, I would also include the step to set up a proper protection. I personally recommend exosphere+dns_mitm, Incognito is meh because it directly modifies prodinfo: https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM
In general I think providing this https://rentry.org/EristaEmuNAND or this https://rentry.org/EristaSysNAND is the best to set up everything properly according to what the user wants to use. But your pics help understanding it better.

Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse