Hacking Boot issues - SXOS

britain4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Having some boot issues with my SX Core chip at the moment and I wondered if anyone else could help out at all

SXOS 3.0.4 and FW 10.1.0 were working 100% fine. After updating to 3.0.5 and 10.2.0, and now the new SX OS 3.1.0 and 11.0, roughly 50% of the time I get a black screen on boot whether the original FW or emuMMC CFW. I have upgraded and reformatted SD cards in the meantime (FAT32) with no effect.

I’m also getting a black screen every time booting either Atmosphere sysMMC or original FW from the Hekate payload chain loaded from the SX bootloader (even after cleanup).

Using the SX Gear boot.dat to bypass the SX bootloader and load straight into Hekate, I can then boot Atmosphere fine but the console will not wake from sleep (patched V1).

Anyone got any ideas on this - some corruption somewhere maybe or an issue with the TX software?

cheers

Unpatched

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Why are you using hekate? Just press Boot original Fw oder Boot custom Fw and not use Atmosphere and hekate.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and when it still don't work or you want to use Atmosphere use the sx-custom-boot.dat-maker from ELY3M on Github

britain4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Why are you using hekate? Just press Boot original Fw oder Boot custom Fw and not use Atmosphere and hekate.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and when it still don't work or you want to use Atmosphere use the sx-custom-boot.dat-maker from ELY3M on Github

I'm trying to get Atmosphere running on it for some of the patches that are available for it (e.g. Mission Control to use with my PS4 controller). SXOS works fine but it's bugging me that 50% of the time it hangs on boot so I wondered if the issues were related.

The custom boot.dat maker doesn't work with the SX Core chip and gives the boot.dat error on startup - the only way the chip will start is using either the SX Gear or SXOS payloads.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Atmosphere and Hekate are a work in progress on Mariko. (Wake from sleep is broken as well as fatal reboots on AMS, Hekate doesn't have ram training yet). The boot.dat signature is checked on the SX Core which is why you can't use the SX Gear boot.dat. If you want to autload hekate you can use spaceship-nx by Balika011 however is does break SXOS.

britain4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Atmosphere and Hekate are a work in progress on Mariko. (Wake from sleep is broken as well as fatal reboots on AMS, Hekate doesn't have ram training yet). The boot.dat signature is checked on the SX Core which is why you can't use the SX Gear boot.dat. If you want to autload hekate you can use spaceship-nx by Balika011 however is does break SXOS.

Thanks - the console is a patched V1 not a Mariko, I'm aware of the wake from sleep issue on Mariko. I wonder whether the same applies to patched V1 consoles as well.

The latest SX Gear boot.dat is compatible with the SX Core and is the only way I've been able to boot Atmosphere since upgrading the console to 11.0, and fusee-primary has never worked at all under any firmware, only fusee-secondary.

Last edited by britain4,
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Thanks - the console is a patched V1 not a Mariko, I'm aware of the wake from sleep issue on Mariko. I wonder whether the same applies to patched V1 consoles as well.

The latest SX Gear boot.dat is compatible with the SX Core and is the only way I've been able to boot Atmosphere since upgrading the console to 11.0, and fusee-primary has never worked at all under any firmware, only fusee-secondary.
Ah sorry. I just skimmed your post and assumed it was Mariko because of the Core, keep forgetting patched v1s exist. What format is your SD Card? Trying to use exfat without the driver can cause black screens at boot but it doesn't make sense if Hekate can boot fine. Are you booting with fss0?

britain4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah sorry. I just skimmed your post and assumed it was Mariko because of the Core, keep forgetting patched v1s exist. What format is your SD Card? Trying to use exfat without the driver can cause black screens at boot but it doesn't make sense if Hekate can boot fine. Are you booting with fss0?

No worries - thanks for the reply. The card is FAT32 formatted.

I've just removed all Atmosphere and Hekate related stuff from the card and tried the latest Deepsea build on there with the exact same results - no boot when chain loaded through the SX boot loader, no wake from sleep when loaded through the SX Gear .dat.

The only way I've ever managed to get into Atmosphere was through FSS0 - fusee-primary has never worked with this chip in any configuration. At this point I'm thinking it may be an issue with the pre-release Atmosphere version and the SX Core chip but would be curious as to other people's thoughts before I submit a bug report?

britain4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just had a reply from my bug report - apparently the 0.16 release isn’t SX Core compatible - 0.17 will be, in case anyone else is having the same issues.

Thought it was just Lite/Mariko with this issue but apparently not.

Another update as of January - seems the sleep issues were caused by Hekate, not Atmosphere, and are now fixed in the latest Hekate. Now running Spacecraft-NX on the chip, Hekate and AMS with no issues.

Last edited by britain4,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.