Boot HBL from a9lh

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Hyoretsu, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Hyoretsu
    OP

Hyoretsu Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader

Jan 17, 2016
    Brazil
    How can I setup BootCTR9's a9lh? How can I use BootCTR9 to boot to 9.2 SysNAND (Yes, I know that I can update it to latest if I have a9lh) and consequently Homebrew (Menuhax) when I press L and SafeA9LHInstaller when I press L+R? If Gateway mode is launched with CtrBootManager using Menuhax on EmuNAND/SysNAND, does Gateway mode launches over the NAND it was booted in?

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Hyoretsu likes this.
  3. Hyoretsu
    OP

Hyoretsu Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader

Jan 17, 2016
    Brazil
    In the BootCTR9's usage page, it talks about the "BootCTR9s a9lh". How can I install it?Is the enablePathFix configuration of BootCTR9 should be "1" only when configuring the Luma3DS payload? Also, is there a way for me to boot Luma Updater (https://github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases/) with BootCTR9?

Yeah, totally forgot about Gateway's a9lh.bin. Can I use BootCTR9 to boot directly into Gateway, without the need of the down_v2gw.bin? If I have BootCTR9 to boot into Gateway's a9lh.bin by default, will it boot automatically with Gateway, no need to boot Gateway through Homebrew, CIA, Browser, etc, or do I just press Select and I'm good to go?

I'm using Menuhax+9.2 SysNAND+BootCTR9 to stay as automatic as possible. (Default - Gateway and R4i, L - Homebrew, R - ROM Extraction with Decrypt9WIP, L+R - Luma Updater and L+R+SELECT+START - Hourglass9 in case something goes wrong)

Last edited by Hyoretsu, Sep 25, 2016