chadwick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I attached a video of what happens.

Basically, I get the boot.dat screen on boot up but after pressing the power button once and then again, it will load into hekate. Once it's in hekate it functions completely fine. I've updated sdloader but when I try to update the firmware it gives me a communication error.

• Hwfly v6 chip (what the listing said on aliexpress)
  • hekate 6.0.6
The boot.dat file is in the root of the sd (used the hats pack), so I don't think the switch is reading the card properly to pick it up (not sure if it's a reader issue or the shop I had install it, installed it incorrectly). The sd card is brand new as of a week ago so it's not the card, as it also did this with a different sd card I have. I also tried to load lineage for Android and it would not boot into recovery along with trying to load Lakka, which also gave me issues. Not sure if this boot.dat issue is also causing both of those not to work.

• Samsung 512gb Evo Plus

Attachments

• Video.mov
    2.3 MB

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The rp2040 splash screen is a fly with the picofly logo.

That's an sxlite...
Post automatically merged:

Or maybe is the logo caused by the "New" sd Loader?

Check your firmware with the picoboot updater...

chadwick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The rp2040 splash screen is a fly with the picofly logo.

That's an sxlite...
Post automatically merged:

Or maybe is the logo caused by the "New" sd Loader?

Check your firmware with the picoboot updater...
It showed the boot.dat before I even loaded an sd card in so I don't think updating sdloader changed anything.

Not sure about the exact model of the chip but I can open it back up and get pics if necessary.

Tried getting the firmware info but it's just stuck doing nothing. The seller messaged me when I bought it 2ish months ago and told me they updated it to 0.7.1 before shipping so that's my best guess.

Last edited by chadwick,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It showed the boot.dat before I even loaded an sd card in so I don't think updating sdloader changed anything.

Not sure about the exact model of the chip but I can open it back up and get pics if necessary.

Tried getting the firmware info but it's just stuck doing nothing. The seller messaged me when I bought it 2ish months ago and told me they updated it to 0.7.1 before shipping so that's my best guess.

You probably have an SX Lite like josete2k said.

chadwick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did you do before it happened like this ? Boot into boot.dat-> reboot-> boot into hekate.
Right, that’s how it’s always been. I mean I don’t really mind dealing with it but I think it’s stopping me from loading Android and Linux to run emulators.

chadwick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this post, I've tried researching everything and I've come across SX Gear, which I tried and I still get the same result. I did see that it's an SX Core, but I am not sure what that means exactly and I can't really find the difference between the chips/what firmware is needed.

Any help is appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol