'Bomb Rush Cyberfunk' gets launch trailer

bomb rush.png

Available now on PC and Nintendo Switch is Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, the spiritual successor to Jet Set Radio. For the game's launch, a new trailer was aired:

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk is available on PC and Switch for €40/$40. The game will also launch on PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series S/X on September 1st.

:arrow: SOURCE

DoctorBagPhD

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I've been hearing mixed things about this title. I still wanna give it a go but what I've heard has dulled my enthusiasm somewhat.

Sir Tortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been hearing mixed things about this title. I still wanna give it a go but what I've heard has dulled my enthusiasm somewhat.
I've just started it and so far it's great. I'm not super far in, but I couldn't really get into Jet Set Radio because it felt really clunky to me. When I started this game, my first thought was "damn, this feels like how I thought Jet Set would feel".

From a quick look online, I guess there might be complaints about the game's "combat"? I can see that, but it's not a big part of the game so far, and enjoyable at least to me in its own way. There have been a few very short sections where you have to fight so far, but they are short. Other than that, the cops that show up in the normal levels can be largely ignored, and I find it fun to button mash a little at them before spraying graffiti onto them as they get launched away from me :)

PrinceOfEcchi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So glad this game is actually a thing. I’ve heard nothing but good things (minus the potentially unnecessary combat) and I’m so excited to start playing it soon!

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Game is hella good. They had some big shoes to fill making a spiritual successor to JSRF, but I feel they pulled it off. Gonna have a hard time deciding whether I like this or Hi-Fi Rush more, but can't complain about abundance.

Reactions: DarkCoffe64

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read that it combined the best of locations from JSR and JSRF and that’s all I needed to hear. I really got bored of JSRF pretty quickly after it got into the big sprawling maze-like levels, so I’m glad they didn’t go full-JSRF style (whereas I still play JSR today).

Definitely will buy it day one! (On PS4 whenever that is)

edit: Also on the notion of battles being garbage, that was one of the main complaints about Mirror's Edge (besides people thinking it was going to be open world), and I thought the combat was sick... so long as you did a no-guns run :P

Last edited by DS1,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I've given it a little play, maybe 1 hour so far - it's fun!
Interesting that you can walk, I guess that will help with precision, as in the original game it was hard to stay in place if you needed to be somewhere specific.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo